Jan 10 2013
By: Eltosian First Son 2 posts

Prosective PS Vita buyer - some questions

6 replies 134 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

Hello all,

I may be planning on getting a PS Vita soon. I have some concerns though, the PS Vita board seems the most apt place to do so. I have done some minor searching for these and have met with some inconclusive results. I'm looking for some answers based on the current model I can buy in the store right now.

When I move videos over to the PS Vita from my PC, will the folder hierarchy be respected? Ie. Will folders be created for my files? I have looked and people have mentioned they want this, although this was back in August and maybe earlier. Is this possible yet? It's very important to me as I would store several series each that had 20+ episodes on the PS Vita.

Message 1 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Prosective PS Vita buyer - some questions

Jan 10, 2013

You would probably need the biggest memory card for all those videos and it costs like $100 Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jan 10, 2013

No, unfortunately your folders will not be transferred. Smiley Sad I tried this myself with a few of my downloaded TV series, but it placed all of the videos together into the app. Hopefully there will be an update to allow you to do this in the future though. 

Message 3 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Thanks for the reply - I suppose I will not be buying a PS Vita just yet. 

Message 4 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Eltosian wrote:

Wait, your main concern with the Vita is that you can't put your videos in folders?

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 5 of 7 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 11, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

Eltosian wrote:

Wait, your main concern with the Vita is that you can't put your videos in folders?

LMAO thats the first idea that popped into my head.

Anyways just so you are aware the vita videos app has a folder section, but i havnt experimented with it. You may be able to do it, or you may not. I know that you can organize a playlist on the music app, which may be similar, but you have to do that directly from the computer content manager. 

I dont see how this is that big of a deal to you, and incase you did not know when transferring videos to the system only certain file types are aloud. I usuallly have to modify my videos i dont buy from PS store into a mp4 file to transfer it.

New PS Vita Player! Looking for new friends Add me! ( KombatKingx209 )
Message 6 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Actually, i have my batman videos in the same folder that i have it on my pc, so yes you can put them in their respective folders, but i think it only applys to one folder,

so for instance batman/(videos)  but i dont think folder in folders will work such as batman/movies/(videos)

but anyways here my proof

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

44.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (63 Views)
0 Likes