First Son
28 posts

Re: Promotional code error 80023156

Oct 13, 2009
I dont think that code (80023156) means the code is not activated. I have two different gamestop codes one from the email and one from the store and I get the same error for both. As for your question I did enter the first code several times before I started getting this error. I called sony and they wont give me a new code they told me to contact gamestop. Also one of the guys I talked to said he did not believe it to be a store lockout error. but I dont know it seems to be the only thing that makes sense. Im still getting that error today though so Im just gunna leave it until like tomorrow and hope. Although I might try at 5 or something once more.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Oct 14, 2009
I got a new code from gamestop in my email, and finally... the error has stopped. Got MAG... downloading updates wew. Definitly playing tommorow =D... See you all there. SVER FTW
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 14, 2009

Nosut, in my opinion, the error code 80023156 its some kind of PSN protection to avoid spamming, abusing or flooding the PSN.  From what ive seen with my own problem with the promotional code for Uncharted 2, its a delay of time u need to wait.  For me it became correct after 24 hours.  I looked up at the error code bank tool on playstation website and there is no definition to it and cant be found.  Maybe its because you tried to enter your promotional code too many times just like me.

After it became back for me, my code was saying expired or incorrect.  I looked up at my pre-order box and there was no starting date inscribed.  I code activated at the release date of the game(in my situation).  Soo you just need to wait for Playstation to activate their code after that u will be able to play MAG beta.  My code worked October 13, same as the street date of Uncharted 2.  I was able to download my premium Uncharted 2 theme.  Just be patient.

blazzdork
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Oct 14, 2009

BlazzDork wrote:

Nosut, in my opinion, the error code 80023156 its some kind of PSN protection to avoid spamming, abusing or flooding the PSN.  From what ive seen with my own problem with the promotional code for Uncharted 2, its a delay of time u need to wait.  For me it became correct after 24 hours.  I looked up at the error code bank tool on playstation website and there is no definition to it and cant be found.  Maybe its because you tried to enter your promotional code too many times just like me.

After it became back for me, my code was saying expired or incorrect.  I looked up at my pre-order box and there was no starting date inscribed.  I code activated at the release date of the game(in my situation).  Soo you just need to wait for Playstation to activate their code after that u will be able to play MAG beta.  My code worked October 13, same as the street date of Uncharted 2.  I was able to download my premium Uncharted 2 theme.  Just be patient.

Still doesn't explain why there is an error code which has no documentation. =p What is the point of creating an error code for a specific problem, if there is no information on the error. It should just straight forward say "You have been blocked for x hours, for continuously entering an incorrect code" (ESPECIALLY since there is no record of this code in the database we can access or in sony's database which they use... Its retarded when you call and tell them an error and they say that error code doesn't exist... =p on their own product... woo...)

Message Edited by xColeys on 10-14-2009 02:59 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 14, 2009

Yeah i know what u think.  Somehow i tried to search on the internet, try googleing it when u will end up having a total of 10 links for your research. Its my hypothesis tough...  The console is developped in Japan which can explain the error code not defined unless we get a Sony tech officially telling us the real definition of this error code.

blazzdork
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 15, 2009
**bleep** mine wont work
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2011

xColeys wrote:

BlazzDork wrote:

Thanks to Google for making this #1 in my search results...

This is correct. I just got off the phone with Consumer Services and they told me the following (note I'm paraphrasing):

"Error Code 80023156 means 'Exceeded Validatation Limits' and the advise given is to 'Wait 24 hours and try again.'"

I partly agree with BlazzDork that this is probably a PSN protection mechanism against users who may be spamming a code to all their friends causing a flood of redemption requests for that code. I say partly because, in my case, I happened to be redeeming a LOT of codes (20 - 30 or something like that... don't ask why) and then PSN stopped my ability to redeem codes altogether. I have a handful of codes left to redeem and I cannot activate any of them right now.

So, just give it a day and then try again. If you continue to have issues I suggest you call Consumer Services here:

http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2011

AHH

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Well, I just bought a $20 point card and I'm getting this shitty ass error code e.o

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2013
I getting error 80023156
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (207 Views)
0 Likes