Feb 23 2012
By: Xunan First Son 6 posts

Product Registration for my Vita?!

16 replies 2452 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

Is it just me, or is there no place on Sony's site to register my Vita? I've been to the product registration page, it has all the PlayStation systems but the Vita. I'm a FEB guy, and have wanted to register this bad boy, yet I've got no place to do so. Halp!

Message 1 of 17 (2,452 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13759 posts

Re: Product Registration for my Vita?!

Feb 23, 2012

i got mine last week. and, they have yet to add it to the registration page.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Message 2 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I got mine this week and still no place added to register vita. Maybe they will add it next week.

Message 3 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 24, 2012

They will probably add it the next time they do maintenance on the site.

Message 4 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Feb 24, 2012

whats prodct registration even do?

userbarz.com

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Message 5 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 24, 2012

You're able to get the latest news about the console, find out about upcoming demos, get invited to game betas etc.

Message 6 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Still no place to register??! I just got my system.

Message 7 of 17 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Apr 1, 2012

There still is not a place to register, and probably never will be. They added a whole 'registration' thing that you must do from the system in order to access content, I think this is what they used to replace conventional registration.

Message 8 of 17 (2,451 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 1, 2012

Yeah I also am one of the vita's us launch (2/22) customers and after checking have found that they have not put it in yet. And the new registration thing sounds likely cause when I went to purchase the 2yr Protection Plus w/ accidental damage it had to be done using the vita to be covered with the warranty.

I had this happen when I got my 3rd PS3 last year around may. I had picked up a 250 GB Slim W/ the PS Move bundle(camera, move controller, and sport champions game disk) and had noticed when i went to register that one like my first 2 already were, I noticed that the model number for the move bundle consoles were different than others and actually the difference was dramatic. Well the registration page could not find or register that model #. It took them several months, like 6 or more, before they included that bundle packages model #.

And they don't really give you much from registration like it sounds. I have had 1 or 2 things that were useful from it, and it was sent in email to go to the ps store to recieve it, but nothing exclusive for registered owners, it was stuff that is there for anyone to grab. The main thing i got by registering has been spam emails about discounts or specials on sony stuff... no big deal since that what every company does these days.

And I know 100% for sure that registration in not required for warranty services

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 9 of 17 (2,451 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 1, 2012

For your information I have registered mine using the psp one that is available from sony website and it is shown as a psvita  really rehistered for vita. it is next to my old psp registration. Anyway I had some issues a few days after the vita launch and had to contact customer support.

Which they sent me an survey via email once my issue has been resolved. Question (1) of the survey was this : "for which system(s) did you need assistance. .

Answer was PS3  and PsP since it is somehow the mix of the 2. At the last question where it is an open question asking you what could be done to improve their customer services, I was impress to see that they are reading this box which most of the time is empty. They answered me that it was supposed to get done within a week or two following launch of the ps vita. He said that an update was planned for that registration thing...

Somebody has forgot to feed the hamster...Or the hamster simply forgot why he was sitting their withe a big red button that say: " Plz, press Me  if you want to update ps_vita andbresolved all issues at once".

So he press the one written "press enter To format C:/.Only if you are experiencing an issue with general customer support And angry people spamming our online support being"

Message 10 of 17 (2,451 Views)
0 Likes