Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 22, 2012

icy1007 wrote:

Techni wrote:

icy1007 wrote:

Oh, just so you know OP, but the Vita UI is great not horrible.

It's horrible. It's slightly worse than Wii's. I'd pay to use the XMB on this, that's how bad it is.

You obviously don't know how to use it correctly than. It is probably the best UI I've ever used on a mobile device.

What? How can I not know how to use it? It's simple. Too simple actually. There's no organization, no folders. Opening a game takes more steps than it did on PSP. It's a piece of garbage. The second worst UI I've ever used on a mobile device (The worst being DSi's) It is so horrible I don't know how you could try and claim it's anywhere near good with a straight face.

Message 21 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/17/2011
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

So to simple is bad then ok whatever? I find that it is very easy, I do not know why you hate it so much, sure there are not folders apples did not get that update on release did it, I bet they will add it on in the future, you cannot expect everything to work on the release day.

Message 22 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

So to simple is bad then ok whatever? I find that it is very easy, I do not know why you hate it so much, sure there are not folders apples did not get that update on release did it, I bet they will add it on in the future, you cannot expect everything to work on the release day.

simple as in, lacking functionality. Which yes, is bad.

Apple's lacking functionality at launch is irrelevant.

The XMB had it at launch.

I hate it cause it's complete garbage. The XMB was vastly superior.

Message 23 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/28/2009
Offline
1362 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

Techni wrote:

icy1007 wrote:

Techni wrote:

icy1007 wrote:

Oh, just so you know OP, but the Vita UI is great not horrible.

It's horrible. It's slightly worse than Wii's. I'd pay to use the XMB on this, that's how bad it is.

You obviously don't know how to use it correctly than. It is probably the best UI I've ever used on a mobile device.

What? How can I not know how to use it? It's simple. Too simple actually. There's no organization, no folders. Opening a game takes more steps than it did on PSP. It's a piece of garbage. The second worst UI I've ever used on a mobile device (The worst being DSi's) It is so horrible I don't know how you could try and claim it's anywhere near good with a straight face.

What are you smoking?  The Vita has one of the best UI's I've ever seen.  So you can't put stuff into folders.  Big whoop.  Just take 2 seconds and scroll to the next screen.

Message 24 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

Tony72495 wrote:

What are you smoking?  The Vita has one of the best UI's I've ever seen. 

Photobucket

You'd have to be smoking something to think it was remotely good. Nor will an infinite loop of insults change that.

Trust me, I'm a UI expert. I actually earn a living from it. Vita's menu is second worst UI I've ever seen on a console/portable.

Tony72495 wrote:

So you can't put stuff into folders.  Big whoop. 

Photobucket

You do realize the entire point of a menu system is organization, right?

Message 25 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/10/2009
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

i didnt have any problems with the demo. i actually enjoyed it. found the controls pretty smooth, which excites me for many other games. wish it was a little bit longer. not worth 40 bucks nor all these complaints.

Message 26 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/16/2004
Offline
94 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

You're just chock full of complaints aren't ya?

The UI is very intuitive. I've never held or even seen a Vita before, and in about 2 minutes I mastered it. It multitasks very well, not as good an any Android device or WebOS, but certainly a lot better than the iPhone which is somehow considered to the be the cream of the crop.

And just because you apparantly "work" with UIs and "make a living off of them" (which I doubt, that sounds like something that someone losing an argument would say just to get some e-cred) doesn't make you the be-all-end-all God of UIs.

I'm sorry if you don't like the way it looks. Either deal with it, or return it. Your complaining isn't gonna change it.

BTW, I see that you're also trolling Engadget articles about how much you hate the UI. Nice job.

Message 27 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

I have used every cell phone out there and iphone by far has the best ui. But the UI in the Vita is great. The screen and sensitivity is one of the best I have ever seen or used.

Message 28 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/20/2011
Offline
673 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

The demo's audio cut out for me 5 seconds into the first cut scene when you start it up and then it just froze as I was trying to move my character in the level. Tried exiting via the PS button and closing down the game, but then nothing else was really working, so I did a hard restart and now it seems to work.

Definitely gonna buy the game

Message 29 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2004
Offline
3460 posts
 

Re: Problems with the Unit 13 demo

Feb 23, 2012

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

You're just chock full of complaints aren't ya?

The UI is very intuitive. I've never held or even seen a Vita before, and in about 2 minutes I mastered it. It multitasks very well, not as good an any Android device or WebOS, but certainly a lot better than the iPhone which is somehow considered to the be the cream of the crop.

It's intuitive cause it doesn't have much functionality. It's easy to do very something well, when you're doing very little of it.

The iphone's UI was better even when it had no folders. It still had the app tray, the music player was still accessible from the lock screen and you didn't need to start the music player beforehand (vita locks the music controls when the app isnt running) and a grid is a lot cleaner than the arrangement vita uses.

Multitasking is the OS, not the GUI.

And just because you apparantly "work" with UIs and "make a living off of them" (which I doubt, that sounds like something that someone losing an argument would say just to get some e-cred) doesn't make you the be-all-end-all God of UIs.

Saying you doubt my creditentials, then resorting to ad homeneim is something someone losing an argument would say. Attack the messenger, not the message.

Also, I can prove I make money from my UI expertese.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113296486298236709829/113296486298236709829

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.omnicorp.lcarui.test

Intel also gave me a UMPC to buy a GUI I made. In the UMPC circles I'm actually famous for the program. Search for "neotechni mobilehome" and you can get proof of that too.

I didn't say it made me "be-all-end-all God of UIs", it does however make more qualified to judge them. Especially since I make them.

I could go on about how obsessed with UIs that I am, that I've been a huge fan of the XMB since it was on the PSX (before PSP) and one reason I wanted PSP was cause of how much I loved the XMB. Vita's menu looks like the prorotype for Windows Mobile 7 that MS abandoned cause they felt it was stupid too.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/11/11-12-08winmo65c.jpg

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

I'm sorry if you don't like the way it looks. Either deal with it, or return it. Your complaining isn't gonna change it.

Actually it will.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/submit-an-idea/

My hatred of it has very little to do with how it looks, sorry you want to justify it with an excuse.

It's mostly that it provides little functionality, little organization. It lacks all the elegance and intuitiveness that won XMB awards

Vita's is a step backwards from everything that made PSP's great.

If you don't like my complaints, you are free to not read them. Your whining won't stop me.

BTW, I see that you're also trolling Engadget articles about how much you hate the UI. Nice job.

I see you've resorted to stalking and whining, good job.

Message 30 of 46 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes