Highlighted
Dec 17 2012
By: Joalros First Son 2 posts

Problems with save states

3 replies 112 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

Hey, I just transported my PS3 from one city to another.  I wrapped up the playstation in a towel and transported it carefully, so there truly no physical damage done.  The only difference is it's location.  And I suppose i'm on a new wifi network. 

The problem is that I have been playing The Amazing Spider Man over the last few days, and everything has been fine so far.  Then aftrer the transport, i'm unable to continue my game from where I left off.  In the menu it simply says "New Game" without the option to continue.  I looked in my "save utilities" as well as the "game utilities" and they both have a file from the game, and throwing in other games seems to load my files just fine.  It seems to just be the current gave i've been playing.  For whateve reason, the game won't acknowledge the save states. 

I've tried rebooting the playstation, taking the disc out and putting it back in, deleting the game state and then reinstalling the game, and none of these result the game acknowledging the save states (though they are quite clearly still there).  I have save states in both the playstation, as well as the cloud storage.  Essentually, i've tried all the ameteur moves, and I'd like to hear from someone who's best weopon is turning it off and on again (although I think IT guys would appreciate that I went at least this far).

Help?

Message 1 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6060 posts

Re: Problems with save states

Dec 17, 2012
I've had similar issues with my PS3 in the past. I was never able to find a way to fix my PS3 though. I just had to delete my saves and start over. I'm sorry i am not able to help further. The only suggestion I can give is copy the save data onto a thumb drive, delete the file on the PS3. Turn the PS3 off and back on. Then, move the save data from the thumb drive back onto the PS3. If that doesn't work, I think you might be out of luck.
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 17, 2012
That's really sad to hear. I don't want to lose my game, and the save state is right there!

Any other tips?
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Joalros wrote:
That's really sad to hear. I don't want to lose my game, and the save state is right there!

Any other tips?

Are you signed in with the same account that made the save?

Message 4 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes