Apr 10 2013
By: HolographicMind First Son 1 posts

Problems that need to be fixed.

[ Edited ]
1 replies 71 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

Sorry if this isn't the right place

1. To start off I have 3 PSN accounts. 1 for each region. One in Japan, U.S. and Europe. I have PS plus on all 3 of these accounts for obvious reasons, and I have to say that the Japan PS plus has to be by far the weakest. The U.S. and Europe PS plus users both get triple A games or really great games that are fairly new. Where as Japan users get old games from 2006-07 and they aren't even big nice games. I'm not saying they are fun. I'm just saying that I don't feel like I am getting my biggest bang for my buck like I am with my other 2 accounts. And the Japan account is by far the most expensive which I will explain later. What I was trying to get at here was that I would like to see the those really good games that never get localized to the other countries from Japan put on Japan PS plus store for free. Because there is a lot of them that don't.

2. I also have a Vita, but the Vita only allows you to play games from one account. Which really irritates me, because I can't play them unless I have 2 extra memory cards. And those memory cards are REALLY expensive. So please Sony, please implement firmware update that allows me to play games from other accounts like you did with the PS3 (digital games). 

3. Sony, I really don't know why you don't like to take my money. I have a international visa, and for some particular reason you won't take it. It worked on the EU account just fine but when I tried it on the Japan account, no go. I've read that I'm not the only one that has troubles with your credit card and trying to buy stuff. So I submit to you a solution. Use paypal, it will allow, me, a foreigner to buy good from your Japan store and it will solve your credit card issues. Also, they can handle any issues regarding credit cards not going through, it also allows minors to get a prepaid credit card to buy goods from your online store. Or the other option is to fix your d*** credit card business because it literally stopping me from buying any Japanese games. Because PSN point cards are at 60% mark up at their cheapest, 100% mark up on ebay. So please, PLEASE fix this.

Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28669 posts

Re: Problems that need to be fixed.

Apr 10, 2013

HolographicMind wrote:

Sorry if this isn't the right place

1. To start off I have 3 PSN accounts. 1 for each region. One in Japan, U.S. and Europe. I have PS plus on all 3 of these accounts for obvious reasons, and I have to say that the Japan PS plus has to be by far the weakest. The U.S. and Europe PS plus users both get triple A games or really great games that are fairly new. Where as Japan users get old games from 2006-07 and they aren't even big nice games. I'm not saying they are fun. I'm just saying that I don't feel like I am getting my biggest bang for my buck like I am with my other 2 accounts. And the Japan account is by far the most expensive which I will explain later. What I was trying to get at here was that I would like to see the those really good games that never get localized to the other countries from Japan put on Japan PS plus store for free. Because there is a lot of them that don't.

(I doubt that will happen because of things like content, licensing, and cultural differences).

2. I also have a Vita, but the Vita only allows you to play games from one account. Which really irritates me, because I can't play them unless I have 2 extra memory cards. And those memory cards are REALLY expensive. So please Sony, please implement firmware update that allows me to play games from other accounts like you did with the PS3 (digital games). 

(I think that's up to the individual developers, not Sony)

3. Sony, I really don't know why you don't like to take my money. I have a international visa, and for some particular reason you won't take it. It worked on the EU account just fine but when I tried it on the Japan account, no go. I've read that I'm not the only one that has troubles with your credit card and trying to buy stuff. So I submit to you a solution. Use paypal, it will allow, me, a foreigner to buy good from your Japan store and it will solve your credit card issues. Also, they can handle any issues regarding credit cards not going through, it also allows minors to get a prepaid credit card to buy goods from your online store. Or the other option is to fix your d*** credit card business because it literally stopping me from buying any Japanese games. Because PSN point cards are at 60% mark up at their cheapest, 100% mark up on ebay. So please, PLEASE fix this.

(It's not as easy as "they should just do it". There's local taxes, value added taxes, international currency conversions that keep you from doing this. I can't use one of my credit card to buy overseas stuff, so it works both ways. It costs banks a lot of money to do business overseas, and they only make money on games sold in their region, so again, it's not as easy as "Please fix this". There's a lot of legal red tape, and it's more effective to have each territory have their own Playstation Store, rather than a "global" store).

Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)