Dec 20 2012
By: kirrwed First Son 3 posts

Problems taking screenshot

6 replies 641 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

I've seen other forums say you can take a screenshot by hitting PS+start (or select) and that there's a Photo Album called "Screenshots" where they go.  I don't see such a folder under photos, nor does hitting either PS+start or PS+select seem to do anything.  Why would this be?  This is what my photo folder shows. 

photo

Message 1 of 7 (641 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Problems taking screenshot

Dec 20, 2012
That's only on the Vita.
Message 2 of 7 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9603 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

kirrwed wrote:

I've seen other forums say you can take a screenshot by hitting PS+start (or select) and that there's a Photo Album called "Screenshots" where they go.  I don't see such a folder under photos, nor does hitting either PS+start or PS+select seem to do anything.  Why would this be?  This is what my photo folder shows. 

To take a "Screenshot" with PS3 when you are on a website. Hit triangle button. Go to "File", hit X button. Go down to "Save Screenshot". Hit X button. Any screenshots you make can be found in the Photo section of the XMB. You can only make a screenshot of things on internet websites with PS3.

kitty-slide-run.gif  

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 7 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 20, 2012

If you could take screenshots on the PS3.... this is the first I've heard of it, and I've owned a PS3 since launch day....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 7 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

If you could take screenshots on the PS3.... this is the first I've heard of it, and I've owned a PS3 since launch day....

Spoiler

Then your about to look kinda silly. 

Screen shot mode requires a Video buffer to be added to the game, The PS3 SDK will allow the developer to enable XMB Photo mode. It causes massive lag when triggered during online tiltes... like Resistance 1.

The same as...

XMB custom music

XMB Video capture

In game Web browser support.

Its game dependant function.

The SDK will allow the developer to Use 1 the XMB screen or 2 Build it in to there game directly.

There are quite a few That choose the later... ( GT5 ignores it and built there own Photo render software.) 

Nearly Every racing game allows Photo mode using the second option and they require you to take photos using the menus or button combos..

The game flow takes it version very hardcore, you have to eat a life form which will trigger the Photo mode timer.

Ghostbusters is one game I own that Allowes XMB photo mode as well as XMB custom Music   

The icon XMB has changed a bit...

Now called "Save screenshot" 

011212-1645-49.jpg

011212-1646-11.jpg

The Publisher retains all copyright on all photos from the PS3 system. So some require all photos to be uploaded to their servers.   To brake Copyright and take photos with out permission requires a capture card/PVR/DVD-R.

The Debug/Reviewer PS3 unit has differenet firmware and can't play DVD/BD... Reviewers can take photos with the Debug units when they like...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 5 of 7 (603 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 20, 2012

GraphiteGB wrote:

011212-1645-49.jpg

So what you are saying, is if you don't see the Save Screenshot under photos after hitting the PS button, that means the developer didn't add that feature to the game, correct?

Message 6 of 7 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

kirrwed wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

011212-1645-49.jpg

So what you are saying, is if you don't see the Save Screenshot under photos after hitting the PS button, that means the developer didn't add that feature to the game, correct?

YES Im saying the Developer choose not to use XMB method if its not present on XMB.

Does not mean the Firmware Photo mode Is not there it means they choose an option they consider to suit there needs but their publisher also has a say... 

As said publishers also have a say, EA for example Won't use it on XMB normaly as they want to use all photos to increase there web site hit count and use them in PR stunts. so they are uploaded to EAs sites..

Battlefield BC, NFS, are just 2 titles that have photo mode and the Online Uploader is then added to the game for the server.

gbdggdfgfdg

Taken in game, uploaded in game, taken of EA site and uploaded else were... but there is no Icon on XMB.  

On the other hand. 

PD makers of GT5, Don't restrict users, they built in a DEADICATED picture render function in to their game to replace the Firmware version, which increases the Resolution, they still allow you direct uploading to their PR site but also allow direct to XMB export.

Example picture from GT5...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HSHAOjBh-7w/TwoWsgEw5zI/AAAAAAAAAII/7pevP1MvBOI/I/Ahrweiler%25252...

Its a biggy 3840×2160 pixels – 2349KB, Rendered in GT5, Exported to XMB, uploaded to picasaweb, with out going any were near a PC... ( Untill this posting of the URL )

Not all developers go this far for users...

There remains Lots of options built in to the firmware that can be added to the game but are not added as they effect Game performance.  

Even SCEE titles do not have to use XMB, EyePet uses in game functions....

Texas prisoner on its ( his/hers )  last day.

gfvbdfgdf

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 7 of 7 (584 Views)
0 Likes