Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 02 2012
By: CHRISRHODE2004 Splicer 49 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

[ Edited ]
26 replies 2948 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

i am trying to access PSN STORE....and it says....

 

"To use this feature, you must first download software. Do you want to download now? Yes or No."

 

....i click on Yes and it says....

 

"An error occurred during the download operation (80710011)."

 

....anyone else experiencing this....?? BTW - i am running the latest firmware update 4.31.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (2,948 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/15/2011
Offline
97 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 2, 2012

dont worry it is happening to me to

Want to Hear the Best Rock Music On The Net Check Out digitalrevolutionradio.com
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (2,930 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/25/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 2, 2012

Still having the same issue mentioned above....it worked the other day....so what gives....?? All my other network devices work just fine matter of fact i can still download and use browser on PS3....so why isn't PSN STORE working....??

 

BTW - this all transpired after i applied the 4.31 update.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (2,837 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/18/2002
Online
18539 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 2, 2012

It looks like SONY is still trying to fix some performance issues with the PSN server

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (2,831 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/25/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

@Xuchilbara....the link you posted was removed. Do you have another link to whatever story you were trying to link to....??

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (2,797 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/18/2002
Online
18539 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 2, 2012

CHRISRHODE2004 wrote:

@Xuchilbara....the link you posted was removed. Do you have another link to whatever story you were trying to link to....??


 

It was a link to a PSN maintenance notice. It said that SONY was working on fixing some PSN related performance issues. They are done, as so, they deleted the notice.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (2,789 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/25/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 3, 2012

PSN STORE is still NOT accessible for me....says i need to download software just to access store then errors out.  It worked just fine before i applied the 4.31 update (also cannot access my download list). And now i am told that everything is fixed....obviously it isn't - still see others with issues in these forums.

 

i spent approx. $200 in october and have not downloaded all my stuff yet and would like to play them this weekend....like Okami HD, however that is not possible ATM. Anyone have any ideas.

 

My network is fine - i tested it....plus all my other devices work fine (i'm in networking for a living so i have some knowledge in this area

). i am CERTAIN this is related to the 4.31 update. Who else has this issue - not being able to access the PSN STORE....??

 

i called SONY....but this went nowhere. It is funny when you get someone on the phone to troubleshoot your issue and they ask "what is a router".....SERIOUSLY....??

 

BTW - i ran the SONY repair utilities and nada.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (2,758 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 3, 2012

CHRISRHODE2004 wrote:

PSN STORE is still NOT accessible for me....says i need to download software just to access store then errors out.  It worked just fine before i applied the 4.31 update (also cannot access my download list). And now i am told that everything is fixed....obviously it isn't - still see others with issues in these forums.

 

i spent approx. $200 in october and have not downloaded all my stuff yet and would like to play them this weekend....like Okami HD, however that is not possible ATM. Anyone have any ideas.

 

My network is fine - i tested it....plus all my other devices work fine (i'm in networking for a living so i have some knowledge in this area

). i am CERTAIN this is related to the 4.31 update. Who else has this issue - not being able to access the PSN STORE....??

 

i called SONY....but this went nowhere. It is funny when you get someone on the phone to troubleshoot your issue and they ask "what is a router".....SERIOUSLY....??

 

BTW - i ran the SONY repair utilities and nada.


Two PS3s both with firmware 4.31 installed and both allow me to download/use the store

 

It's better when people who are "in networking" seem to think they understand how all hardware/software works

 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (2,753 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/25/2009
Offline
49 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

i apply 4.31 update....and now cannot access PSN STORE. It's as simple as 123.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (2,744 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Problems accessing PSN STORE (error 80710011).

Nov 3, 2012

CHRISRHODE2004 wrote:

i apply 4.31 update....and now cannot access PSN STORE. It's as simple as 123.


No, no it's obviously not.

 

If I am running two PS3s, both with firmware 4.31 installed and can access the store from said systems along with others reporting the same thing, then how would it mean that 4.31 is the problem?...

 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (2,735 Views)
Reply
0 Likes