Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 25, 2010

My game was working fine the first hour and a half I played.

When I got home from work I went back to replay the chapters I did so my wife could watch the story.

Loaded a chapter (I did not choose to over wright the chapter save) and I couldn't get any of them to play through. they always "Freeze" at some point.

I assumed it was because I was trying to reply chapters and I decided to continue my story.

It then locked up in the story and I had to "hard shutdown" my PS3.

I haven't played the game after that point 

Help....someone... 

Small photo BCFlag-1.jpg
Message 81 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2466 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Well so far I have only experinece minor audio cuts. Hasn't frooze or crashed on me yet. Hope a patch is on the works.
Cold as dark
Now my words, are frosted with every breath
Still the hate burns wild, growing inside this heart
When the wind changes course when the star align
I will reach out to you and leave this all behind
When Heavens Divide
Message 82 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I have the 80 GB large PS3 non Backwards Compatible, ive never had one problem with it, the game began i installed the patch, and it ran flawlessly, I had no glitches or problems whatsoever, until the end of Chapter V In the Killer's apartment level, when your stuck in the room filling with gas, I got out, and the second i got into the bathroom, i saw the up arrow, to possibly open the bathroom window?

I have no idea because my game froze at that point, ive had games freeze and unfreeze before, so i let it sit for 5 minutes nothing, i figured id just redo the chapter, shouldnt be that hard right? Well I start the game up, and hit continue, I see Madisons face up close like normal, but then after 3 minutes of her face it fades to black, and stays black, not even the ps button works its totally frozen, I thought damn why don't I try checking the disc, It was fine not even any dust, I decided well maybe i could go back a few chapters and try it, well when i do that whether I choose save or do not save, it goes straight to the black screen completely system frozen no face close ups whatsoever, at this point i was pissed i tried deleting the patch, did nothing, i deleted the game and reinstalled did nothing, i repatched nothing, I started a new game and it worked perfectly fine leading me to believe that something in the game causes corruption in the savegame files.

I really hope yall can help me out with this as for what i played i really loved this game, it would be great if i could get to the ending lol.

Message 83 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Mine doesn't freeze but I have one gripe..

THE DAMN 6AXIS CONTROLS!! THEY'RE A FU**IN' PAIN THE AZZ IN ALL GAMES!! SONY IF YOUR LISTENING, DROP THIS FEATURE!! IT SUCKS!! IF I WANT MOTION CONTROLS I'LL BUY A WII!!

Message 84 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2010

Figured I check in with everybody else, maybe the more info we give, the faster we will see a patch to fix the bugs. 

**** BEWARE OF SPOILERS BELOW!!! **** 

I got 1 freeze only, no save corruption, it happened in the 1st scene in the police station. After I used my virtual office thing, and the FBI officer starts getting a little twitchy, I was on my way to the bathroom, locked up will holding two buttons and attempting to open the door. It wasn't a hard lock up, I still had access to my XMB, so I quit the game, rebooted the system, and started up right be fore were the bug happened. I have a launch 60 gig PS3.

Hope this helps if your reading this quantic dream, this game is great otherwise, having a great time, it was hard to put down last night.

Message 85 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 25, 2010

i have the 60GB PS3 and i have had a couple audio cutouts in scenes and right now the fish tank scene froze on me when jayden was on his way to talk to paco... i tried loading from my save file, no luck, tried rebooting, no luck, tried a hard shutdown, reboot, no luck, and i tried loading from the fish tank chapter and the game still freezes...

there was one glitch that i have had in the game and that was in the beginning where ethan mars is shaving and i messed up and he turned all pixelated and bloody... until after he got out of the shower and put clothes on he was still pixelated... i lol'ed

cross your fingers for a patch... soon!

Message 86 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I Have the new 120 slim and kept on gettin gliches at the mall then one part at the police station when some people were going threw each other lol  The the one part

where the PI was cooking eggs for the girl and the egg yok got stuck above the stove and just stayed there...even when i went to go play **bleep** agian it got stuck i couldn't stop laughing

but alot of glitches i saw with people cutting out and such Then one part my screen was black after a stage but it showed the trophy i got O_0?

and im running on a hdtv
Message 87 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 25, 2010

120 GB Slim

Cannot load save point.  Screen turns black with no response.

Currently on Chapter 5 act 4.

Hope a patch will fix this problem.

Message 88 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I'm using an 80GB (fat), with HDMI to my tv (strictly video output at 720p) and optical cable to my sound system.

In the first hour playing the sound dropped out once for a few seconds, but was restored once I paused.

While still in the first session of playing (at the end of Jayden's first investigation) the game cut to a black screen with loud static, about an hour and a half in. For a minute I could still pause the game, but when I unpaused it went back to the black. After a half minute the static cut out and it just hung on the black screen, with the controller having no effect. I had to reset the system.

Thanks for working on this.

Message 89 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I'm up to the Lizard trial and have only had minor problems until now: couldn't see the image on Ethan's cell/pda, voices dropping out a couple times. But this time the screen just went black and froze right after Ethan walks out of the appartment after finishing the lizard trial. Now I can't load my save file without getting the black screen. This is beyond frustrating. Does anyone know if I continue using the chapter select screen (replaying the Lizard) instead of my save, will it eff up my ending??
Message Edited by McStagger87 on 02-24-2010 08:02 PM
McStagger87
Message 90 of 662 (335 Views)
0 Likes