First Son
4 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 24, 2010
80 GB PS3, 1080p HDMI hookup. Installed the patch upon inserting the disc. No problems with any other games whatsoever, so this isn't a hardware issue. Game has absolutely crashed my PS3, shutting it down and forcing me to restart it at two instances thus far: Jayden's initial crime scene chapter (which also caused a crash for me during the demo, too) and Shelby's chapter at Gordi's party. It'd freeze at different points, stall the screen for a second, then crash the PS3 (beeps, flashing red light, etc.). I've tried other games and had no problems. It's just Heavy Rain. Hope this helps. 
Message 71 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Here's a list of the freezes I have encoutnered so far:

Right after installation, the game started up without sound, and froze on the first command (getting Ethan out of bed). 

When I arrived at Gordi's room, I can't do anything until I reverted a save. 

After the cemetery scene, the game loaded up another chapter, which I let it load completely before turning off the PS3. Now, when I try to revert to my save, the PS3 crashes.

I'm hoping to fix the last glitch by loading the "Sexy Girl" chapter in the menu, but I'm hoping this will not provide any inconsistancies with my save file up to this point. I have also encountered a few minor glitches (usually to the visual effect, although there was one in the prologue where I was stuck in the house while giving Shaun a piggy back ride). 

I have a 3rd generation Japanese model PS3 that's either a 40 or 80 gig. 

Edit: Loading the "sexy girl" chapter in the menu also lead to a freeze. I had to reload the flowers on a grave scene in order to proceed. 

Message Edited by Mordarto on 02-24-2010 12:16 PM
Message Edited by Mordarto on 02-24-2010 01:50 PM
Message 72 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain! SPOILER ALERRT

Feb 24, 2010
nope.  I deleted the patch and reinstalled my game.  Still doesnt work for sh*t.  It actually wont let me do anything but scroll thru the main menu
Message 73 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 24, 2010
I'm about at the same place and mine crashes no matter what chapter I load from.  Will not work, at all.  This is not a problem that can just be fought around without being fixed.  It its doing little things for some, nothing for others, and making the game totally unplayable for people like me.  It wont let me play at all.  They need to get it fixed.  but im guessing they won't do crap about it
Message 74 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 24, 2010
yepp, completely unplayable at this point. The opening sequence after the first two scenes skipped and lagged. After that nothing loads.
Message 75 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2010
I'm having the same problem but only at a certain spot. Im on chapter 18 and near the end (i think) the audio stops then the game just freezes.
Message 76 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Im on a 60gb ps3 playin through hdmi on a 720p lcd

Im also having weird freezings and sound drop outs(which induce the freezing)

Returned my 1st copy thinking the game was defective now ive gotten farther in the prologue but still sound drops out and then the game freezes

When i get up close to my system, the disc sounds like its scanning for something then stops then spins again etc etc

Message 77 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I play on a 40g Fat PS3 connected HDMI to Samsung LCD. I have a copy from Amazon and I live stateside.

Heavy Rain - 

I suffered from random 1-10 second audio drops through out the game. Once or twice there was a lip syncing problem. These I assumed were just game bugs.

CURRENT PROBLEM:

Save File bug - I can not load my save file nor load any chapters all I get is the Black Screen. I have let it sit for more than 5 minutes. I did turn my system off after the oragami figure in the corner dissappeared. It was during a scene with movement where I had no control over actions however.

Things I have tried to no Avail.

1. Delete Patch - 

2. Re-install Heavy Rain - No Patch

3. Re-install Heavy Rain  and Patch - Restart PS3

4.  Load chapters without saving. (Don't want to save over my file, I am close the end) 

5. Load Empty Save File and Start Over, Play first chapter. Then re-load original save. (Still Black screen.)

6. Go through menu screens- Watch bonuses. - Reload Save file.

7. Wander multiple forums looking for a answer. Has the company even released a statement acknowledging the problem? If someone has other suggestions I am willing to try them. 

Message 78 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Hi,

The game froze when the prologue started and the guy was getting up from bed. I had to press the power button to shut the PS3 down. After that, i only played like 5 minutes because i don't want to game experienced to be ruined by technical problems.

I am using a Slim 120GB PS3 bought in late Novembre 2009 in Quebec, Canada. I am using to latest firmware from Sony. HDMI output on a Samsung TV. My system is in fresh and using a theme that was not from PSN.

Message 79 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Im in the apartment in the beginning of the game. While talking to my wife the sounds keeps cutting in and out. its almost unplayable... whats the point of wasting my time with this game if I cant hear whats going on.
Message 80 of 662 (321 Views)
0 Likes