Splicer
56 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 24, 2010

Sam,

I have the launch 60GB version with an upgraded WD Scorpio Blue HDD. Hooked up via HDMI running at 1080p.

I have tried installing the game data before the patch and vice versa. I have tried running the game without the patch. I have even tried formatting my HDD and restoring system defaults.

I still get a blank screen after the Quantic logo and the system shuts itself down. Also, after I start the system back up, there is a corrupt file in the save data folder along with the saved options file.

Glad to see you guys are looking into it.

Message Edited by eDaPS on 02-24-2010 09:58 AM
Message 61 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I going to have to disagree with you and say it is the game.   Do you remember Bad Companny it was a new gen. of game at the time.  It caused the Blue Ray to malfuction.  Damaged the eye and rendered you Playstation useless. I was also affected by that jewl. 

Message 62 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 24, 2010

SLYDER9 wrote:

I going to have to disagree with you and say it is the game.   Do you remember Bad Companny it was a new gen. of game at the time.  It caused the Blue Ray to malfuction.  Damaged the eye and rendered you Playstation useless. I was also affected by that jewl. 

Oy. I've now decided to keep this thing away from my PS3 until a fix is released. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.

Message 63 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Sam I hope your for real, friend.

Here is what happend with me.  I've had a night to rest and get over being so freaking mad. so here it goes. lol

I have a 60gig backward compatable unit.  I use an HDMI cable to an HP 1080p monitor.  My audio passes through the avi cables.  The PS3 sits on a glass table in the open.  (the air flow  is not being blocked by  anything. 

During game play I notice only a few blips.  The audio would go silent for just half a sec.  when a choice had been made or a new scene would start.  I figure this might be normal and was not concered.  I played for about 2 hours at first.  Shut my PS3 down for a few more hours then came back to play.  I was only able to play about 45 minutes when things got bad.

I want to say it sounded like my Power Supply popped.  Yet I still get the Green Yellow Red Light combo.  and I do still hear the fan kick on.  The system gave no warning, the fan did not kick into high gear or anything.  The system just shut down and would not come back on. 

What I need to know is who and how are we affected by this going to be help. 

Thank you Sam for concern. 

Message 64 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Hey Mods, can we get a sticky on this or something?
Message 65 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Sam, 

I just came back from best buy after exchanging disc for another copy (PS, please let them know they might see people exchanging, the manager there was calling me on BS, and to say he was rude would be the understatement of the year.). Heres what happened with the first one. I downloaded the update and played the came, sound shut off completely when Ethan was going to take a shower. Same thing 3 more times. So I uninstalled the update and this time the sound only shut off for about 5 seconds at the same part, that I can deal with.  The game was fine until I got to the Madison area. The first madison chapter is when the game completely shut off my 250 gig SLIM PS3, I turned it back on and continued, I was able to move but there was no sound. Again i rebooted my PS3, and at the same area and it completely froze. In frustration I decided to play another game. However, when I took out the Heavy Rain disc, it was destroyed! Like someone dragged it along the road while driving in a car. I took it back to best buy today and after a fight I got to exchange my copy. Heres hoping that servere of an incident was very few. They said they will not exchange my copy again. Where do I go if this happens again?

Message Edited by DavieC726 on 02-24-2010 11:03 AM
Message 66 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain! SPOILER ALERRT

Feb 24, 2010
I have all of the above problems mentioned.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS.................. 

After inserting the disk it kept booting out and saying error, then i had to restart my PS3 'SLIM VERSION' and start over then it prompted for an update. After booting up in the beginning of the game where I am suppose to play with the kids, it refused the button input where I'm suppose to spin the kid around. and at one time Ethan appeared inside looking through the glass at the kids playing outside while I'm trying to spin the kid around. I had to restart the game. Then there was a time at the playground where he spoke to the kid but there was no audio which also happened in the beginning when he got off the bed.. I was going to take my game back to get a new one but I see now theres no need cause I'm not the only one with the issues..... As for freezing issues it has happened a few times and as of right now, I can't play because it sits at the black screen and wont load. I fear my save file has been corrupted because it has restarted itself twice while loading "SPOILER" the FBI scene after deciding to go look for shaun at Roosevelt ****. after 10 mins of black screen the FBI load screen pops up then right back to black... I have a SH!tty 1080P Sony Bravia XBR9 and a PS3 slim 320G if this helps.. I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME... FIX IT. I have installed and reinstalled both the update and the game but no luck. I tried going back to an earlier scene but no luck... Also at one point Ethan has to pass through some electric wires in order to get to the other side through one of his tests but there was no button prompt, I had to restart the PS3 about ten times before I could advance..
Message Edited by Scrucifix on 02-24-2010 08:53 AM
Message Edited by Scrucifix on 02-24-2010 11:03 AM
Message 67 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2014 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain! SPOILER ALERRT

Feb 24, 2010

MGS4 Bundle bought on July 2008 
80GB, B/C

Couldn't continue on a specific chapter(I had Madison I believe arrive at a wooden house in her bike and when she took off her helmet i just kept seeing her face and couldn't move), I deleted the patch and it worked fine but I want to be online so I can talk to me friends but IF I don't update the game I cant be sign in xD. That wasn't a really bright part of Sony lol 

BTW for the people on top talking, I'm pretty dang sure its not the disk because this game was sent to a lot of reviewers and they didn't have this problems. I'm sure it was the patch. Every 1 who I have told to delete the patch has worked fine

Message Edited by Romar_E on 02-24-2010 11:50 AM
Photobucket
Message 68 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
435 posts

Feb 24, 2010
It froze on me twice under hr and had to reset my PS3 as well. First game that I've experienced this with ever so obviously something is wrong with the game. I believe it happened right after it auto saves and leading up to the next chapter...
Message 69 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2010
My guess is some of the reviewers just didn't pay attention, or they received beta copies/not retail copies, with NDA saying that it's not a full version so they shouldn't comment on technical problems. I'm a reviewer, I've received a review version and I can't load my saves. I had a couple of freezes, but it wasn't that bad. The worst part is I cannot play further because I can't load my recent save. I can only load the ones before cemetery in chapter 4. Everything after it doesn't work. I've got an early PS3 (with full BC) with a custom 250GB hard drive. Everything else works perfectly, I even poped in Killzone 2 after HR froze, and it worked like a charm. There's definately something wrong with HR.
Message 70 of 662 (378 Views)
0 Likes