Do you mean 
Wastelander
865 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 24, 2010

eDaPS wrote:

WithMyLastBreath wrote:

Quill74Pen wrote:

I, too, have had a freezing and audio issue — both less than 30 minutes into the game. My PS3 automatically restarted itself after that. I'm not happy about this. NOT. ONE. BIT. I'll give this game one more chance when I get off work tonight, but if it acts up again, it's going back to Wal-Mart. And if they won't take it back, it's going into the trash, and I'll never again recommend a Quantic Dream title. NEVER.

Quill74Pen 

I understand you are mad but to completely give up? It's Quantics first time creating a game on the ps3, this was bound to happen. I am sure they will address it sooner then later with a patch if it will fix the problem. 

That's all well and good, but what happens when our PS3's are damaged because of this game? Is Quantic going to replace our out-of-warranty PS3's? Hm?

It's unlikely a game will ruin your ps3. But hey don't throw it in the trash, I am sure there are many people on these forums that would love to get their hands on the game. haha

Message 51 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Developer
314 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Hi folks, this is just to let you know that the issues reported in this thread and elsewhere are being looked into. We're currently trying to establish any common factors for people who are experiencing game freezing so if you are having trouble please be as thorough as possible with regards to your PS3 setup - are you using a launch version of the console or a brand new slim, playing in standard or high definition (I'm not suggesting that these are potential causes, just making the point)... any information you can give may help to find where the issue lies.

One word of advice we've had already is to avoid switching off your PlayStation while the game is in black screen as this may be affecting your save game. There have been a few reports of incidents where game saves have taken longer than would normally be expected - and with a black screen present it may leave the assumption that the game has crashed. In these circumstances we recommend you wait at least 5 minutes before rebooting - while it's highly unlikely a save will take this long, it's better to be safe than sorry.

While incidents of problems with the game are very low we're working to ensure that everyone gets the Heavy Rain experience they expect. As soon as there is any further information we'll update further.

Message 52 of 661 (334 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Thank you so much sam for the update. Looking forward to hearing more.
Photobucket
Message 53 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2551 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Sam,

This has happened with numerous games lately in the forums. Back when I had a first run 60gb sys it happened to me all the time. When it burnt out,..I got the newer 80gb sys and every game that people report problems on I have yet to see. Don't know if this is any help but figure i'd throw it out there.

Message 54 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I have the 40 GB PS3 model running it in high definition.

When I started the game for the very first time, my game froze before Ethan was able to even get up from bed.

I did a hard reboot and didn't have a freezing issue the second time through but I've stopped playing following the opening credits.

Another issue I'm noticing - and I don't know if this is the case with all trophies - but the first few in the game are not unlocking.

Message 55 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I have the 120 GB Slim Model Running on HDMI 1080P

I do get the black screen when trying to load. Once the game loads i have a delay in the texture pop-ins.

*Spoiler* (for those who have not played it, do not read on.) 

I am currently in the Mall Scene and the sound cuts off randomly for 3-5 seconds before coming back.

Any dialogue that was spoken during the silence will be delayed once the sound comes back on.

If the sound returns while i'm in the pause menu the missed dialogue will be spoken anyway.

No matter what i try to do or how many times i restart, it seems to freeze at the same spot directly

parallel to the clown before you enter the open area where jason is standing.

Message Edited by Showkati on 02-24-2010 07:48 AM
Message 56 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I have a 40 GB unit with no modifications. It is hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung LCD and is displaying 1080P. It is sitting flat on an open rack.

I had some issues with the video not displaying on the TV in the apartment scene with the son. The TV sounded like it was on, but nothing displayed on the screen.

I have also had a ton of issues during the first scene with agent Norman Jayden (so much so that I haven't been able to get past it). When I examine the body, his head looks off to his right side and does not allow you to view the evidence. The left stick which should control his head movements does not work. You can see in the lower right corner of the screen that there is evidence to view, but it doesn't show the buttons to press and none of the buttons are responsive. Norman has also frozen several times for no apparent reason. I will just be walking around looking for evidence and he will suddenly become unresponsive. The rest of the game continues to play out, the other police officers walk around, there is still audio, but nothing I do can get him to move again. I eventually have to reload the game. This has happened to me 8 times in the last 15 minutes which is extremely frustrating.

All of this has occurred with the most recent patch installed. I have also tried removing the patch which yields the same results.

Please help! 

Message 57 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Heres my situation, Sam, hopefully it help you guys sort this out.

**there might be spoilers, so dont blame me if you read this**

I've got an 80gb Motorstorm bundle PS3 connected to my 720p tv via HDMI. The first part where you play games with the kids and get ready for the party was prety choppy, though no complete freezes. The Mall scene had one or two little niggles, but nothing substantial. After the Mall scene i've not noticed a single issue (well theres a little screen tearing, but after playing Assassins creed II i dont even notice it anymore, haha) again and i just finished the part where Shelby gets the broken cell phone.

**end possible spoilers**

Message Edited by NoSmokingBandit on 02-24-2010 08:43 AM
Message 58 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain! SPOILER ALERT SPOILER

Feb 24, 2010
Message Edited by Scrucifix on 02-24-2010 08:53 AM
Message 59 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I am playing with a 40 GB PS3 hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung television.  I am playing at 1080p resolution and I have installed the initial update for the game.

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

I experienced sound drops throughout the game at random points.  Probably between 10-15 sound drops in total.  Sometimes they would be as short as 1-2 seconds and sometimes they would be about 30-45 seconds.  My game then completely froze in The Old Warehouse chapter right after I saved Shawn Mars.  I waited with the game frozen for approximately 10 minutes but nothing ever happened and I had to do a hard reset of my console.  Now my game save is corrupted and will not load.  When I try to load I get the loading screen going into The Old Warehouse chapter (the one of Shawn Mars' face) but then the screen goes completely black and the game will not load any further.

I hope this information helps to resolve the problem.

Message Edited by StetsonKennedy on 02-24-2010 08:56 AM
Message 60 of 661 (334 Views)
0 Likes