Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
463 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 24, 2010

You may be right Mr-Quu,  I have not had any freezing.  The only thing I had was nothing on the TV upstairs.   BUT,  my first attempt at downloading the update was corrupt and would not install.  I went ahead and redownloaded the update and everything's been fine so far.

I wonder if the problems are from either no or bad installs of the update.  That would make sense, but I'm sure there are some having issues with the patch installed correctly as well.  

-------

http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages
Message 31 of 661 (306 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 24, 2010
add another to not being able to get past the loading screen.
Message 32 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 24, 2010

i have not had any problems with the game (ps3 slim) but it did download a large patch when i started it up and then took its time installing on the hard drive.

it is probably a good idea as suggested to delete and force the game to reinstall the update patch.

Message 33 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Feb 24, 2010

The only problem I have had so far is audio cutting out/sound effects not being there. Such as, the screen flashes to a phone and the man asks me to pick it up but i hear no ringing. Or an audio message will come out of my cell phone but i hear nothing and only see subtitles.

Also to people saying it took a while for the game to install, it took about an 1/8 of a second to install for me.

Also no freezing or crashing for me.

P.S. all of this is after the patch.

Message Edited by LAK3R50WN on 02-23-2010 11:27 PM
Message 34 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Well I made it to the scene with the robbery, Bang. PS3 shut right off.  I thought the power went out at the house.  Nope. no all I have is this wonderfull blinking light.  I get the light green light 3 beeps and blinks red.  You guys are lucky if you just had to reset.  What am I going to do.

I have the new patch for the game.    I have the old 60gig.  I've not had any problems with it at all untill this.  The game and the system seem to handle the game just fine till this. 

Now what!

Did I just buy a game thats going to cause me to go without my PS3. warrenty is gone.  

Somebody tell me something to make this nightmare go away.  LOL.  

Message 35 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2010
I think in the case of this game, you guys need to start warning for spoilers. Sony should hear about all of our issues with the game, but not everyone is at the same part of the story in the game.
Message 36 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2010
I have had some issues of the sound skipping and gameplay freezing only temporarily. It only happens when I unlock mutiple trophies in game and I notice there is a delay for my ps3 recognise those trophy objectives have been met. Might be my PS3 Slim is acting up or others are experiencing the same problem. IMO I think that is what causing the problems with freezing,sound choppy ..etc. For the guy with 60gb ps3..sounds like hardware failure to me.
Message 37 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2010

, It is a hardware faliure.   More than likely brought on by an unstable game. I've not had any problems what so ever untill this.  I enjoyed what I got to play of the game. The question is was it worth not getting to play another game for 2 months?  

All I can say is be WARNED!  I'm not the only one this has happend to, I'm finding out.  

Something needs to be done. Or sony repair service is going to be overwelded and banking. 

Message 38 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2010
Wow has this happen to the newer generation ps3(Slim) or just older ones?
Message 39 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
957 posts

Feb 24, 2010
My game froze thrice in the past two hours
Message 40 of 661 (306 Views)
0 Likes