Splicer
56 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 25, 2010

So I thought I'd post this here so devs can see it. At least the one that claimed he was a dev here earlier. I obviously don't know what I'm talking about but I thought I'd just share some observations.

I've seen a whole mess of issues with save data being deleted, corrupted, etc.

My system always crashes after the Quantic logo screen. Just a blank screen then a crash. Interestingly, when  I turn it back on there is a corrupt save file in the save game folder. Likely the attempt at a HR save game. Maybe most of these start up and crash issues concern a glitch in the save-game process. I mean, the game does save automatically, right? So maybe all the freezing/crashes happen as a result of this glitch. 

Some people's games can't start because the initial save is corrupt, while others just crash somewhere along the line during an in-game autosave which leaves their save file corrupt.  That would explain the inability for people to load up their save games.

Like I said, it's really an observation and I'm sure the devs have noticed this. But, just in case they haven't maybe it's an angle they can work from.

BTW, I have the NTSC version.

Message Edited by eDaPS on 02-24-2010 06:19 PM
Message 91 of 662 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2010
on the level " the butterfly" i was doing the part when you have to go through the condensers, and for some reason i failed it. but right before ethan died i exited it to the mean menu and i thought it wouldnt save it as dieing. but when i loaded it, it would not let me jump down to the condensers. and i tryed alot of things like restarting the chapter but then it wont play the game, i mena like it would play the sound but the screen would be blank. please HELP! i cant pay anything rite now and i payed 60 bucks for the game!
Message 92 of 662 (327 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1285 posts

If You Are Having Freezing Issues with Heavy Rain...

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

...what model PS3 do you own? I have the PS3 slim and had absolutely none of the issues people are talking about but my friend who has the 80 gig backwards compatible PS3 had the game freeze up and reset on him during the beginning of the game.

Sorry if this has been posted but I want to see if this mainly affects older PS3s or if it affects all PS3 models.

Edit: Merged similar threads. Enjoy! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 93 of 662 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2681 posts

Feb 25, 2010

120GB Slim PS3 - upgraded with 320GB HDD

Playing on an HDTV (32inch...)

The game has never froze during actual gameplay, but there was one random moment when the audio skipped in Chapter 5.

I'm on Chapter 5 - 4 and I cannot load my save anymore. Trying to load by Chapters doesn't work either. It doesn't matter which one I choose, the result always ends with the black screen and I have to force the PS3 to turn off. I have waited for over 10 minutes at times and nothing. 

The last time I played the game before the freezing I made sure to exit when the game wasn't saving (had enough issues in the past with other games). I proceded to check out the Extras menu and looked at the Online Shop and Downloaded Content sections. I quit just to see if the Taxidermist DLC was up (even though I knew it wasn't). After the PlayStation Store opened up, I exited and was brought back to the game. I then quit and turned off the PS3. That was it. 

Message 94 of 662 (327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: If you are having freezing issues with heavy rain...

Feb 25, 2010
I have a 120GB slim and its unplayable for me. Nothing loads.
Message 95 of 662 (2,237 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2681 posts

Feb 25, 2010
120GB Slim (upgraded to 320GB HDD). Can't load any chapters anymore.
Message 96 of 662 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Feb 25, 2010

My problem is with the framerate. I played about 4 hours last night, no noticeable problems other than MINOR audio skipping/clipping. Then today, all of a sudden the entire game speeds up then slows down during animations/interactions/QTE's, etc. It looks like someone is pressing fast forward every second then hitting slow motion constantly.

Tried restarting PS3, cleaned disc, play through an entire chapter thinking maybe it was a chapter specific issue, and it's still doing it. The bad thing is, I haven't seen anyone else note this problem, which means i'm alone with this frustration/annoyance.

Message 97 of 662 (327 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13230 posts

Feb 25, 2010
Message 98 of 662 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 25, 2010
I have the PS3 Slim 120GB and I have noticed a few video freezes during the first few chapters, but nothing that needed me to restart the game/console.
Message 99 of 662 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1506 posts

Feb 25, 2010

I have a brand new PS3Slim 250GB console, and if the game freezes one more time I'm gonna kick it down the stairs... Heavy Rain is the ONLY game that's ever done this on this console...

how wide spread is the freezing? Anyone know?........ It's happened a few times already and I get really mad because I have to go back and play through a big chunk again.. 

Message 100 of 662 (2,237 Views)
0 Likes