Nov 12 2012
By: P1r0d0x First Son 2 posts

Problem with my controller

3 replies 77 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Hello, its my first time posting on the playstation forums.
Now to my controller problem.
A few days ago my controller started acting strange, more precisely the analog sticks.
From time to time they start ( both of them ) going to the bottom right corner so it starts spinning ( In BF3 and other fps games ) uncontrollably, when IM not touching them nothing happens but as soon as I start playing this keeps happening, if I release the analog sticks when it starts to happen it does not stop. ( Of course they don't get stuck in the position of bottom right corner ) I really don't know any way of dealing with this, I would just go and buy a new controller but in my country they are expensive as hell I can't afford a new controller... If any of you know how to fix this please tell me I really like the controller 

Thank you for reading

Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
20349 posts

Re: Problem with my controller

Nov 12, 2012

You could try resetting them. There is a pinhole in the back. I'd suggest opening them and cleaning with alcohol and a q-tip if that doesn't work.

Message 2 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

P1r0d0x wrote:

Hello, its my first time posting on the playstation forums.
Now to my controller problem.
A few days ago my controller started acting strange, more precisely the analog sticks.
From time to time they start ( both of them ) going to the bottom right corner so it starts spinning ( In BF3 and other fps games ) uncontrollably, when IM not touching them nothing happens but as soon as I start playing this keeps happening, if I release the analog sticks when it starts to happen it does not stop. ( Of course they don't get stuck in the position of bottom right corner ) I really don't know any way of dealing with this, I would just go and buy a new controller but in my country they are expensive as hell I can't afford a new controller... If any of you know how to fix this please tell me I really like the controller 

Thank you for reading

Kind of a strange issue. Have you dropped the controller or spill any drinks on it? Is it happening ONLY during games? What happens when you're in XMB menu?

I would suggest to UN-PAIR and RE-PAIR the controller. Also try your controller on other PS3 system if you have access to it.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 12, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

You could try resetting them. There is a pinhole in the back. I'd suggest opening them and cleaning with alcohol and a q-tip if that doesn't work.

Tried resetting them, did not work, altho i have not tried cleaning it mabye i will do that.

MarkPuppets wrote:

Kind of a strange issue. Have you dropped the controller or spill any drinks on it? Is it happening ONLY during games? What happens when you're in XMB menu?

I would suggest to UN-PAIR and RE-PAIR the controller. Also try your controller on other PS3 system if you have access to it.

Good Luck.

I have droped it a few times but not on ground it was like on soft surface like bed/pillow, It happens in-game and in XMB menu depends on if i move the analog sticks. I Tried disassembling the controller but i cant seem to find what is wrong with it it looks perfect inside...

Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)
0 Likes