Oct 17 2012
By: ImpatientDude First Son 1 posts

Problem with Password/E-mails - Please help

1 replies 38 views Edited Oct 17, 2012

OK so when I set up my PSN account I did it via a hotmail account, which was used only for PSN. Now I have decided to change the e-mail account used for PSN to my daily one (Gmail) the problem is I cant change it without my password, which I cannot remember. I cannot retrieve my password without logging into the hotmail account to which PSN is registered, sadly the hotmail account which I registered with was shutdown by hotmail due to inactivity.

There is absolutely no way out for me. I really need to change this, somebody please help me.

Message 1 of 2 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18845 posts

Re: Problem with Password/E-mails - Please help

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

ImpatientDude wrote:

OK so when I set up my PSN account I did it via a hotmail account, which was used only for PSN. Now I have decided to change the e-mail account used for PSN to my daily one (Gmail) the problem is I cant change it without my password, which I cannot remember. I cannot retrieve my password without logging into the hotmail account to which PSN is registered, sadly the hotmail account which I registered with was shutdown by hotmail due to inactivity.

There is absolutely no way out for me. I really need to change this, somebody please help me.

|Welcome to the PS Community.

There is a way, call SONY

Phone: 1-800-345-SONY (7669)

Hours of Operation: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM Daily

You will have to prove to them you are who you say you are. They will  ask you questions regarding your account, like the security question you answered during your PSN account setup.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)
0 Likes