Highlighted
Feb 18 2012
By: TheGrue First Son 5 posts

Problem with Near

17 replies 18 views Edited Feb 18, 2012

Near has been working great for me since I got my FEB, but starting sometime today, when I go to update Near to get the new location data, it finds my location and then when it goes to send it to Near over the network, it just comes back and says "An error has occurred."  My network connection is just fine and it happened both when I was out and about with a good 3G signal and at home on my Wifi.  All other network things work and Near worked great right up until today (I even used it just fine this morning).  Anyone else having this issue?  I wonder if my Near data got corrupted or something.  Wonder if there is a way to only reset that.

Message 1 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Re: Problem with Near

Feb 18, 2012

you ain't alone . i had the same issue .

Message 2 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 18, 2012

mines still fine (knock online) but maybe you could try restarting your vita or check in the options to make sure you have location data turned on still

Twitch Channel
Message 3 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Yeah, I've rebooted a couple of times and all the appropriate stuff is checked.  I even unchecked it and rechecked it hoping to reset something.

Message 4 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Yea.. mine is fine, although so far it has found in me 4 different locations even though I've only been in 2.  My work and home, and it doesn't even come close to where I'm at.  Well one time it did, it said I was on the next street over from where I was at.  I think they need to kinda work on this issue.

Message 5 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 18, 2012

i have the wifi and if i use my phone to tether and connect that way im in location but if i switch the access point to my router and check it agian im about 12 miles away lol so i can travel 12 miles without moving from my room. Great for modnation that counts your travel distance as points though

Twitch Channel
Message 6 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Just fixed my Near problem by doing a factory restore of the system.  I guess the lighter format support had me do wasn't enough.  It was obviously some corruption of my Near data, since doing this harsher reset actually reset all those settings and lost my history.  Would be nice if you could reset that separately.

Message 7 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 18, 2012

DeathWhitch wrote:

i have the wifi and if i use my phone to tether and connect that way im in location but if i switch the access point to my router and check it agian im about 12 miles away lol so i can travel 12 miles without moving from my room. Great for modnation that counts your travel distance as points though

That is because your access point is not on the Skyhook Wireless data base, go to their coverage page and add yourself.

Message 8 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Ive been seeing a lot of ppl complaining or asking why Near location is off. I read one post that it said some dude was in like china or something and he was in canada...weird. I personally think its just a bug that will be fixed. (hopefully on launch day 2/22)

Message 9 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Rattleurhead wrote:

Ive been seeing a lot of ppl complaining or asking why Near location is off. I read one post that it said some dude was in like china or something and he was in canada...weird. I personally think its just a bug that will be fixed. (hopefully on launch day 2/22)

The Skyhook Wireless database has been running for some time now, why would they fix it to coincide with the release of somebodies console? They are not going to drive around the whole country just to add personal access points in a week. Go to their website and add the location of your access point if you want you data available.

Message 10 of 18 (18 Views)
0 Likes