May 08 2012
By: train9703 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Problem Ejecting game from PS3

3 replies 352 views Edited May 8, 2012

In the past day or 2 I've been having problems getting my games out of my PS3. When ever I try to take the game out of the system by using the eject game feature in the menu or pressing the eject button on the playstation itself the game disc icon goes away but the game does not come out. It only comes out after pressing the eject button on the system 3 or 4 times. I have had the PS3 for about 2 years and I wanted to know if I could send it in for repairs and how much would it cost.

Message 1 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Problem Ejecting game from PS3

May 8, 2012

Blu-Ray drive repairs typically cost $100, if you go to Sony or a 3rd party repair place. Sony typically erases all your HD data when they repair a console, so I suggest you look elsewhere. I recommend Endless Electronics where they don't erase the HDD and will give you a longer warranty on the repair than what Sony will give you...

Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 9, 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I was worried about data and was thinking I should get it backed up.

Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

May 9, 2012

Before actually sending it away, there is a small fix that you can do it yourself. I had the problem few years ago. There is a good chance that the eject spring needs to be lifted up. People forget that you don't have to press the Eject button, just move your finger over it and the game will come out. My was the Original Fat PS3 model. The eject button is highlighted in red. Only do this if you are comfortable with it.

ps3_dis_11.JPG

Message 4 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes