Aug 25 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Pro Sony punlishers

[ Edited ]
3 replies 49 views Edited Aug 26, 2012
So companies that seem to support sony from exclusive dlc, commericals, and early dlc. Pretty much all Japanese companies, Konami, Square Enix as their most popular franchises were playstation exclusive until recently. EA has always seemed pro Sony too. Battlefield 3 on playstation gets dlc before xbox has as sony's way to combat cod's early dlc on xbox. Lastly Ubisoft as evidenced by exclusive slc for Assassins Creed 3 and Far Cry 3. Also Ubisoft and EA generally ads usually support playstation.(odlly enough the madden challenege is on xbox though). The only major phblishers supporting xbox are Bethseda, Valve, and Activision. Am I right, missing any major publisher, or just wrong. Kudos make the world go round. UPDATE: Rockstar has been Pro-Sony espicially during the PS2 era(than again who wasn't pro sony during the ps2 era) releasing exclusive GTA games and bully. Pretty much any publisher ot based in America is pro sony because Playstation is more popular in 2 of the three major markets, Japan, America, and Europe
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Re: Pro Sony punlishers

Aug 25, 2012

Yes, you're missing RockStar. They had released Grand Theft Auto III and Bully exdusively on the PS2, and they have a new exclusive game coming to the PS3 called Agent. Also Eidos had the exclusive Joker challenge map with Batman Arkham Asylum, and the exclusive Sinestro Corps. skin in Arkham City. 

Message 2 of 4 (48 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Aug 26, 2012
Thanks ill update it

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 3 of 4 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 26, 2012
The Valve PS3 Portal 2 had a free PC version via Steam that the Xbox version didn't have.

With Capcom they are releasing DLC for RE6 first on Xbox.

So basically there are no hard and fast rules for publisher's allegiances. 3rd party publishers making games exclusively for one platform is going to be far less common, and I think DLC timed exclusivity is going to be more dependent on the specific game than as a company wide policy...
Message 4 of 4 (24 Views)
0 Likes