MVP Support
40094 posts

Re: Private ps+ forum section

Jul 2, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:

im in 100% agreement with Gray-- I have many "friends" in this forum--but there not the reason i stop by here to chat Smiley Surprised (new smileys still sucking) i come here to help answer peoples questions about plus. to do my part to help the community- if it was just members--- this section would really be boreing---and as for the whiners--- need to take them with a grain of salt--bath salts actually and some chives- roast up for a few hours and DING!!!!!! DINNER!!!!!!

You're really on form this morning Jpb, those batteries really charged up last night huh!

You make a good point about the "whiners" though, we're here to help others, so that means including everyone in all the Forums.

Did you give that poor squirrel some food yet?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 11 of 22 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

when i catch him ill give him some food!

EDIT-re-energized by the fact of TW13 comeing to psn-- now i can play golf again!!!! that and just had a week off in the smokies- with no one to use my sharp wit on--makeing up for lost time

Message 12 of 22 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 2, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:
I just wanted to see other peoples views about it.

I mean i would be cool for us to get our own private forum to discuss about and improve the service.

I don't have strong feelings either way but there has been at least one thread created for that purpose, and unfortunately the lack of communication from Sony makes me think that it wouldn't make any difference.  I'm with BRIT-KO in thinking that it would be nice to avoid the complaint posts, but I don't think there'd be much benefit and they've been less frequent.

I also agree with Doppelgangergang that "The forums are quite fragmented as it is."  Somewhat related to that, I never understood why there are these two forums:

PSN General Discussion

and

Playstation Network General

I used to only check one of them (don't remember which).  What's the difference between those?  I was thinking about creating a topic about it; I honestly don't understand the difference and why they aren't merged to help organize the forums and reduce repeated topics.

i never noticed till these new forums-- and was thinking **bleep**  is the diffrence????

original.jpg

Message 13 of 22 (88 Views)
MVP Support
7106 posts

Jul 2, 2012

jpbslayer wrote:
i never noticed till these new forums-- and was thinking **bleep**  is the diffrence????

I think I noticed when someone posted a "repeat" topic and it was pointed out to him with a link to the other.  I had never seen it, so I clicked the link and "discovered" the other forum.  I commented on it then, too, but no one seems to have an answer.

Message 14 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9600 posts

Jul 2, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

jpbslayer wrote:

im in 100% agreement with Gray-- I have many "friends" in this forum--but there not the reason i stop by here to chat Smiley Surprised (new smileys still sucking) i come here to help answer peoples questions about plus. to do my part to help the community- if it was just members--- this section would really be boreing---and as for the whiners--- need to take them with a grain of salt--bath salts actually and some chives- roast up for a few hours and DING!!!!!! DINNER!!!!!!

You're really on form this morning Jpb, those batteries really charged up last night huh!

You make a good point about the "whiners" though, we're here to help others, so that means including everyone in all the Forums.

Did you give that poor squirrel some food yet?

A solution is to add a block feature to these forums, that would remedy the issue from spammers and haters alike.

Message 15 of 22 (76 Views)
MVP Support
7106 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

A solution is to add a block feature to these forums, that would remedy the issue from spammers and haters alike.

I do like that idea.  A way to block or ignore certain people's posts could be helpful.

Message 16 of 22 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I'm late to vote, but I vote no because the PS+ board is pretty much dead anyway except for a few regular posters.  I do think that Sony should provide us with a PS+ Home space.  Not that I use Home much, but I would as a jump off point for gaming with the PS+ community.

Message 17 of 22 (67 Views)
MVP Support
9600 posts

Jul 3, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

I'm late to vote, but I vote no because the PS+ board is pretty much dead anyway except for a few regular posters.  I do think that Sony should provide us with a PS+ Home space.  Not that I use Home much, but I would as a jump off point for gaming with the PS+ community.

These forums would still be active.

Message 18 of 22 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I guess it depends on your definition of active.  Just take a look at the history of the various threads.  With the exception of the gap for moving to the new forums, in general there may be 1-3 topics per day that are active, and in many cases these are not even new threads. 

Message 19 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4901 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Not sure but I hope mochuu can look into adding the Plus icons to our names on the forums again.
Message 20 of 22 (36 Views)