Jul 01 2012
By: Emerald_Swords MVP Support 9326 posts

Private ps+ forum section

21 replies 260 views Edited Jul 1, 2012

Hey guys,

Do you think it would be a good idea to have the Playstation plus board accessible to only ps+ users?

Message 1 of 22 (260 Views)
MVP Support
39516 posts

Re: Private ps+ forum section

Jul 1, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Hey guys,

Do you think it would be a good idea to have the Playstation plus board accessible to only ps+ users?

Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure ES, off the top of my head the only good thing that comes to mind is the fact that it wouldn't be full of people "bashing" the service like one or two do constantly now, that really gets to me, they don't pay for the service but bash it anyway, so yea, for that reason alone it could be worth it.

Did you have other reasons for asking or for wanting it yourself or was it just a general question?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 22 (254 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9326 posts

Jul 1, 2012
I just wanted to see other peoples views about it.

I mean i would be cool for us to get our own private forum to discuss about and improve the service.
Message 3 of 22 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Jul 1, 2012

This, I think, would be a terrible move. First off, what if some random soul comes in wanting questions about Plus? Where are they supposed to go? Do they have to travel off-site now to another forum because they aren't with Plus? Should they pay $18 or higher just to ask their query about whether Plus would make a good deal for them, or something other than that?

The PlayStation Plus forum should stay general and open, an option if you will - just the way Plus is now. Robot Happy

Message 4 of 22 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8182 posts

Jul 1, 2012
I vote against that. The forums are quite fragmented as it is, with some sections receiving tons of attention while others stay unvisited.
Message 5 of 22 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Jul 1, 2012

I believe this would be a great idea. Us ps+ members could talk about up coming of things and talk about improving ps+

Message 6 of 22 (237 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2012

Overlord-Fox wrote:

I believe this would be a great idea. Us ps+ members could talk about up coming of things and talk about improving ps+

It would be pretty neat.

There would be A general playstation plus section for information regarding the service and if anybody is curious what the service offers they can open up a thread and ask. Having a seperate private forum for subscribers to talk about ps+ and voice their opinions would be very beneficial to the service.

Message 7 of 22 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6924 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:
I just wanted to see other peoples views about it.

I mean i would be cool for us to get our own private forum to discuss about and improve the service.

I don't have strong feelings either way but there has been at least one thread created for that purpose, and unfortunately the lack of communication from Sony makes me think that it wouldn't make any difference.  I'm with BRIT-KO in thinking that it would be nice to avoid the complaint posts, but I don't think there'd be much benefit and they've been less frequent.

I also agree with Doppelgangergang that "The forums are quite fragmented as it is."  Somewhat related to that, I never understood why there are these two forums:

PSN General Discussion

and

Playstation Network General

I used to only check one of them (don't remember which).  What's the difference between those?  I was thinking about creating a topic about it; I honestly don't understand the difference and why they aren't merged to help organize the forums and reduce repeated topics.

Message 8 of 22 (213 Views)
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

I like that idea ES

Message 9 of 22 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 2, 2012

im in 100% agreement with Gray-- I have many "friends" in this forum--but there not the reason i stop by here to chat Smiley Surprised (new smileys still sucking) i come here to help answer peoples questions about plus. to do my part to help the community- if it was just members--- this section would really be boreing---and as for the whiners--- need to take them with a grain of salt--bath salts actually and some chives- roast up for a few hours and DING!!!!!! DINNER!!!!!!

Message 10 of 22 (199 Views)