Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 05 2012
By: RunzWithScissorz Lombax Warrior 94 posts

Price reductions? Who's in charge?

4 replies 93 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Who is in charge of the pricing of downloadable content in the Playstation Store?

I have been waiting for the Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas add-on content to drop in price for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED those two games, but the downloadable content is just not worth the $10 per "episode" currently being charged. I say this based on the reviews I have read, and also because of the age of these downlloads. Being a few years old now, you would figure that anyone who wanted those add-ons for that price has already downloaded them. I can't imagine they are still being purchased years later at that price. Drop the price to $5 per episode already. If they drop, I will buy all of them. They didn't score very high in all of the reviews I have read.

I can say this about a LOT of games on the Playstation store, that most games are 33-50% over-priced. Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead are very similar in style to "Back to the Future", which although entertaining, was not worth what I paid for it. It was too linear, and too short for the price paid. If they came down in price, I`d purchase those two games as well.

In many cases, the downloadable content is the SAME price as what they sell in EB Games. At the same price, I would much rather have the hard copy to add to my collection. Downloadable games should be cheaper than the hard copy versions. I actually saw Bioshock in EB Games for $15, when the Playstation Store is trying to sell it for $20... another game I would gladly purchase if the price was reduced.

The Playstation Store is such an archaic interface. One thing I have been really disappointed by is the fact that they cannot put something as simple as a release date on the game's listing. The lack of a release date actually PISSES me off! There is no way to give PSN any feedback from the Store either.

Please Sony, update the ridiculous interface, and get with the times on product pricing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Price reductions? Who's in charge?

Oct 5, 2012

RunzWithScissorz wrote:

Who is in charge of the pricing of downloadable content in the Playstation Store?

I have been waiting for the Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas add-on content to drop in price for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED those two games, but the downloadable content is just not worth the $10 per "episode" currently being charged. I say this based on the reviews I have read, and also because of the age of these downlloads. Being a few years old now, you would figure that anyone who wanted those add-ons for that price has already downloaded them. I can't imagine they are still being purchased years later at that price. Drop the price to $5 per episode already. If they drop, I will buy all of them. They didn't score very high in all of the reviews I have read.

I can say this about a LOT of games on the Playstation store, that most games are 33-50% over-priced. Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead are very similar in style to "Back to the Future", which although entertaining, was not worth what I paid for it. It was too linear, and too short for the price paid. If they came down in price, I`d purchase those two games as well.

In many cases, the downloadable content is the SAME price as what they sell in EB Games. At the same price, I would much rather have the hard copy to add to my collection. Downloadable games should be cheaper than the hard copy versions. I actually saw Bioshock in EB Games for $15, when the Playstation Store is trying to sell it for $20... another game I would gladly purchase if the price was reduced.

The Playstation Store is such an archaic interface. One thing I have been really disappointed by is the fact that they cannot put something as simple as a release date on the game's listing. The lack of a release date actually PISSES me off! There is no way to give PSN any feedback from the Store either.

Please Sony, update the ridiculous interface, and get with the times on product pricing.

Not once have I heard of the price of DLC dropping aside from a temporary discount. So I think it's safe to say that unless they throw the DLC on sale, you'll just have to pay the full price or sit it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 5, 2012

They drop... occassionly.

Do you not peruse the Reductions and Discounts section in the Store?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
355 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Typically they do not drop in price permanently, they either go on sale or get discounted for Plus members only.. And if you want to complain about what you paid for things such as 'Back to the Future'  and if you do a lot of gaming then maybe you should look into a 1 year subscription to Playstation Plus. I got the entire series of Back to the Future for Free from it as well as the episodes that have been released of The Walking Dead... And that's not even the half of it this year alone I've received over $1000 in free games from it, plus many beta invites. The only down side for some is that if you let your membership lapse you lose all the free stuff but anything you bought at a discount through the Plus membership you keep forever.. So in a way the free stuff is rented for how ever long you have a membership.. For me that doesn't matter cause those types of games once I've played them to the end and have achieved all the trophy's from it that's the last I'll ever play them, but that's me, I know others feel different about it.

My only suggestion is that you go for the 1 year membership, all the people that bash Plus always wind up getting the 3 month and that is just not long enough to get the full benefit from it.. Besides how can you beat paying basically $50 to get over $1000 worth of content and other benefits..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I'm not sure, but you could look it up. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)
0 Likes