Jan 07 2013
By: GODOFWAR142 Lombax Warrior 233 posts

Price drop

16 replies 411 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

Has anybody heard of any news on a price drop for the Vita?

Also any news on borderlands 2 for the Vita?  story below
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gearbox boss man Randy Pitchford has once again hinted that he'd love to see Borderlands 2 on the Playstation Vita, a console he describes as "a really neat piece of hardware".

He first proclaimed his desire to Eurogamer when he came to Brighton for the Rezzed show in July. "We're too busy to develop it ourselves," he said. "But I know there are a lot of talented developers who could take our code, our source and our content and perhaps create something like that."

Clearly, the subject is still on his mind as he said almost the exact same thing this week while appearing as a guest on IGN's Up at Noon

"I think it would be awesome to have Borderlands 2 on the Vita but I'm really busy. We can't do it ourselves," Pitchford explains.

He would, however, be quite happy to work with another studio on the project, and once again urged Sony to help make it a reality.

"If some other studio was capable and could be trusted by us, and by a publishing partner, and by Sony, and someone wanted to invest in making that happen? I think Sony should step up and make that happen," he said. "I don't think it would cost a lot, relatively speaking, and I know there's a lot of talented people who have learned how to use the Vita and could do a great job at that. If that machine started to align itself, I wouldn't be the hold up. I would actually be an enabler."

He went on describe his "dream scenario" of PlayStation 3 and Vita interaction.

"Imagine you could be playing the game on your PS3 and then, OK, I need to go on a road trip or I have to go to work or something. When I take my Vita with me, I have access to the same cloud save and can continue my character. Can you imagine how amazing that would be?"

Don't get your hopes up too high, as it sounds like a Vita edition is still very much in the folder marked "Nice Idea But...", although Pitchford finished by saying he meets with Sony regularly and hopes the subject will come up again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-12-randy-pitchford-wants-borderlands-2-on-the-vita

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 1 of 17 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Price drop

Jan 7, 2013

I've seen my Wal - Mart here offering them cheaper,I'm in IL.They started doing it at mine before Christmas.

The 3G version is now $269.96 down from $299.96.The Wi-Fi model is still $249.96 though.

Hope this helps you a little. Smiley Wink

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 17 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Thanks for the help. Im really hoping it can get down to $200 for the WIFI though :/

Message 3 of 17 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 7, 2013

You're welcome.

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 17 (392 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 7, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Im really hoping it can get down to $200 for the WIFI though :/

Where were you on Black Friday? Every major store was selling them for $200.

If you go to your local at&t store, they might have some 3G versions available for $200...

Message 5 of 17 (371 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Bought my WIFI vita used 3 weeks ago at Gamestop for $179.99. I guess the only thing it didn't come with were the AR cards but I really have no interest in them anyway.

Message 6 of 17 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Borderlands 2 on the Vita with cross-play on PS3 would be really awesome. It would bring more people into the Vita. More units sold - more games made - even better system - even more units sold. It snowballs.

Come on Sony this is money waiting to be deposited into your coffers.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 7 of 17 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jan 7, 2013
No official news on either.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 8 of 17 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Didn't go out on Black Friday because i've almost been trampled before. Its not worth doing it again.

Message 9 of 17 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1545 posts

Jan 9, 2013

when the hell isnt black friday worth it for electronics?! electronics always goes on sale and is mos def worth being trampled on(you must be a little guy)

MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
Message 10 of 17 (231 Views)
0 Likes