Dec 13 2012
By: rattlehaed First Son 15 posts

Prepaid Mastercard Issues

3 replies 105 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

So basically I try using my prepaid mastercard to get symphony of the night for the vita. But it keeps telling me my card information is incorrect,

So after emailing PS about the issue they tell me I have to update my billing info on my account, so when I try to add the prepaid credit card it tells me that the credit card # is incorrect (and yes I know I entered it in correctly.)

Anyone else had an issue with this specific problem or credit card?

I've already called them and they couldn't understand why, I get $1 charges to my credit card from PSN every time I try to buy it, but the actual purchase doesn't go through.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40614 posts

Re: Prepaid Mastercard Issues

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

rattlehaed wrote:

So basically I try using my prepaid mastercard to get symphony of the night for the vita. But it keeps telling me my card information is incorrect,

So after emailing PS about the issue they tell me I have to update my billing info on my account, so when I try to add the prepaid credit card it tells me that the credit card # is incorrect (and yes I know I entered it in correctly.)

Anyone else had an issue with this specific problem or credit card?

I've already called them and they couldn't understand why, I get $1 charges to my credit card from PSN every time I try to buy it, but the actual purchase doesn't go through.

Thanks.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

The first thing to make sure of is that the card is registered to a name & address & the same name & address are entered exactly as they appear on a statement or your billing information.

The $1.00 charge(s) will be returned to your card in a few days, if they're not contact Sony about it.

As to have any others experienced this issue?, yes, quite a few actually, it's not an answer, & if you can't solve it I would advise using the pre-paid card to purchase a PSN card & add the funds that way.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 13, 2012

thanks for the reply, but the only thing i can register on the card is my postal code, unless you know how to actually register a name/address and I'm missing something?

thanks.

Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40614 posts

Dec 13, 2012

rattlehaed wrote:

thanks for the reply, but the only thing i can register on the card is my postal code, unless you know how to actually register a name/address and I'm missing something?

thanks.

You're welcome.

As for registering the card with a name/address I personally don't know, the only thing I do know is that if the card is indeed resgistered to those two things it makes the chances of that card being accepted on PSN much higher, perhaps you could speak to the card issuers, sorry not to have been more help.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)
0 Likes