Jun 10 2013
By: W1Z4RDRY I Only Post Everything 891 posts

Predictions!

13 replies 120 views Edited Jun 10, 2013

About an hour away from the truth being revealed, I'd like to know what your predictions are for Sony's conference.

We know that 40 games will be shown across PS3, PS4 and Vita. My guess is 12-13 exclusives will be shown in total for disc based retail games. About 6-7 will be on PS4, 2-3 on Vita and the rest on PS3. I think there will be a strong presence of indy games showing. Maybe 1/3 will be exclusive. The Final Fantasy game being revealed will also be on the Xbox One.

We'll see a lot on the social features of PS4. A small segment explaining how the Vita will fit into the PS4 ecosystem. Gaikai will be briefly mentioned but our most important questions won't be answered.

I can also see the Vita being pretty much ignored though I really wish it gets some spotlight. If they do talk about the Vita we'll see a price cut for NA and 1 new bundle. The 4gb memory card will be dropped and we might see a slight price drop on memory cards.

Anyways this is just some thoughts and speculation on tonight. A little wishful thinking and a lot of anticipation. What do you think?

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 1 of 14 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: Predictions!

Jun 10, 2013

I'm guessing there are going to be at least 2 models or packages announced. You'll likely have a base line model, lower end of the scale in price, maybe $399 - $449 as the starting point and perhaps a PS 4/PS Vita bundle package that might come in between $549.99 and $599.99.

I'm hoping for a PS 4 announcement of FF XIV as well as an exclusive FF title for the PS 4. I don't think SE will ever exclude the XBox One entirely but I would love to see Final Fantasy return to Sony exclusivity, especially given DQ is currently a Nintendo exclusive. SE has several franchises that should do well for multi-platform, but not the FF franchise. We may also see a PS Vita announcement for FF Type Zero or FFT0 come to the PSN store, playable on both PSP and PS Vita.

It's possible we'll see a PS Vita price drop by $50 minimum and possibly the discontinuation of the 3G model.

Message 2 of 14 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I saw the rumour article on IGN about 3 possible SKU's for the PS4. Honestly, that's a good idea. Especially if they did pack in a Vita on the more expensive package. I'm for anything that will sell Vitas.

Message 3 of 14 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38933 posts

Jun 11, 2013

vita price drop?

and a 400 - 500 price on the ps4..

no used game fees

Message 4 of 14 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Why discontinue the 3G model? I think this model, while yes it doesn't sell as well as the WiFi only model, is still a good investment for those that don't mind using the 3G service as needed. I only speak for myself here but I use the 3G a lot more than I though I would, plus it is very convenient. The 3G model is fine but a price drop on it should be implemented; either similar to the WiFi model's current pricing or both a similar price drop altogether. 

But anyways I personally rather be surprised at what SONY will bring to the table in just a little while so then we can discuss away at the cons and pros. I am not expecting much except just MORE Vita games, please. And something else that many will agree on: price drops on the Vita memory cards. This is what really is pushing consumers away from getting a Vita. 

Message 5 of 14 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jun 11, 2013

craz3eddie66 wrote:

Why discontinue the 3G model? I think this model, while yes it doesn't sell as well as the WiFi only model, is still a good investment for those that don't mind using the 3G service as needed. I only speak for myself here but I use the 3G a lot more than I though I would, plus it is very convenient. The 3G model is fine but a price drop on it should be implemented; either similar to the WiFi model's current pricing or both a similar price drop altogether. 

Outside of the initial month of 3G and the subsequent free month, I've had no use for the 3G service. I can't remote play anything I want to play via 3G. Too many connection issues when I'm out and about that it's not been worth paying for it.  I don't know if Sony will discontinue it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do drop the model. I really only bought the 3G model for Super Stardust Delta and the 8gb memory card.

Message 6 of 14 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jun 11, 2013

PapaWarlock I understand where you are coming from. If it does get discontinued then there's nothing anyone can do about it. But this could also mean that MAYBE SONY will never make another carrier based model including a 4G model (only rumors). I actually love the 3G connectivity. 

And I do agree that 3G is too weak and too limited to be able to play online. Regardless of what happens the 3G model was always more of an alternative to those that don't mind having the 3G service as another option. Either way I don't have a problem with the WiFi only model. It was the first model I had before I traded in for a 3G model. So if it does get discontinued then it won't mean much since Vitas will still be sold. I just want the Vita to sell well, price drop on the device and memory cards and more games being developed.

That's all that matters now.

Message 7 of 14 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I am hoping that they will tell me that I do not have to connect to the internet to use my console. Else I am out of this console race.
Message 8 of 14 (51 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I don't know guys but we might see a yearly fee for PSN. How that might affect PS+ I don't know but we could very well see it.

Message 9 of 14 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7144 posts

Jun 11, 2013
I'm going to do a complete shot in the dark here and say there will be a new Jak and Daxter game.
Message 10 of 14 (42 Views)
0 Likes