VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Re: Pre order Watchdogs PS3

Oct 19, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

In these circumstances with the game coming out prior to the ps4 originally then being delayed until after the ps4 launch I dont think it would be unreasonable for Sony to give a refund.  Not in all cases but with a game delay I think the right thing for them to do is give him a refund of his money.  I do not preorder games so it does not affect me but I can definately see his argument.  ToS are never in stone, and extreme circumstances a company can do the right thing and refund the money. 

Here's the flaw in your reasoning; when you agree to the terms, you are bound to them, as are whomever the other party is. That is the definition of what a "Contract" is. Saying "never set in stone" doesn't make it so.

Second, he put a pre-order on a game. Whether that game is released in November or April, he's STILL GETTING the game.

Message 11 of 21 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Oct 19, 2013

You put a pre-order on a game through the PSN...... Why not just wait when the game releases ANYWAY?

But either way, its your fault for not knowing the details.... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 21 (210 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 19, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

No that is totally wrong and inappropriate of Sony's customer service.  What you need to do is call them again and speak with a supervisor.  Calmly explain the situation and I am sure they will make an exception.  All sales are final but there are exceptions to every rule.

Thank you for reading and understanding my post; I obviously read and understood the ToS, I think this situation should be an exception. If it was a flat rule, they wouldn't have a process for requesting refunds. I'm going to try pushing this up the Customer Service ladder, that's what it's for after all.

Message 13 of 21 (203 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Nycuma wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

No that is totally wrong and inappropriate of Sony's customer service.  What you need to do is call them again and speak with a supervisor.  Calmly explain the situation and I am sure they will make an exception.  All sales are final but there are exceptions to every rule.

Thank you for reading and understanding my post; I obviously read and understood the ToS, I think this situation should be an exception. If it was a flat rule, they wouldn't have a process for requesting refunds. I'm going to try pushing this up the Customer Service ladder, that's what it's for after all.

Anyone on here should understand the situation, they are just being stubborn like the Sony represenative you spoke with.  They think because the ToS says something it is written in blood and cant be changed.  Tell that to the customers who preordered GTA V and said it was flawed and got thier money refunded to buy the hard copy.  Terms are one thing and I believe they must be followed in almost all cases, however as I said these are different circumstances and I think with a little calm pushing you will get your refund or at the very least changed from a ps3 to a ps4 version. 

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 14 of 21 (195 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Personally, i haven't had any issues with PStore, i got my refund when i requested it.

Maybe you have a history of doing it? how many previous refunds have you requested? Is this a continuing occurence.
Message 15 of 21 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 19, 2013

I think that all paid-in-full, digital-via-the-PSN-Store Watch_Dogs preorders should be eligible for a refund on a case-by-case basis.  Meaning, like the poster above said, if the customer has a pile of refunds in their past, then maybe that's not going to happen.  Perhaps simply crediting the PS Wallet would be a better move, versus a funds reversal.  I dunno.

The fact remains that the T&C not only says all sales are final, but that release dates are subject to change.  Sony is neither being stubborn or out of order by refusing a refund in this matter, though it would be a welcome option to at least exchange the preorder out for something else.

TLSmiley Very HappyR - The terms & conditions cover both sales being final, and release dates being flexible, but, it would be a nice gesture for Sony to at least offer store credit on a case-by-case basis.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 16 of 21 (185 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Two things. First learn to not pay a game entirely until you get it in you hands.

Second. Read the rules of pre ordering anything and this wont happen again. It is impossible to ask them to change a game for another even if it is the same game but a different version it doesnt work that way. First of all they dont see them as equal and secondly the system doesnt know that Watch Dogs PS3 is more or less like the PS4 version.

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 17 of 21 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Nothing wrong with pre-ordering if you like the perks that you will get.

Also, my refund went to my wallet, and i used it for a different game.
Message 18 of 21 (156 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 27, 2014

Sony did the right thing. They refunded me and I purchased PS4 Watchdogs. Whew! Never requested a refund for a game before, and I hope I never have to again! That was crazy having to jump through those hoops. Anyway, just waiting for them to release the digital download now...

Message 19 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 27, 2014

I got it for PS4

Message 20 of 21 (23 Views)
0 Likes