Oct 19 2013
By: Nycuma First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Pre order Watchdogs PS3

20 replies 380 views Edited Oct 19, 2013

I can't be the only one this has happened to; I just submitted a "request" for a refund for my pre-order of Watchdogs on PS3 (I won't be getting the PS4 til Xmas, but still wanted to play it). So Customer Service says, "I'll submit your request, even tho all sales are final", and I say, "yeah, but I'm a long time customer and I'm going to get a PS4 and buy Watchdogs on PS4 since it's been pushed til Spring 2014, so you're still getting my money, I just want the correct product". So they tell me I'll get an email response within 5-7 business days via email. Just under 24 hrs later, I get an email saying "Sorry, all sales are final." Eff you, Sony. I gave you money for a product I haven't even recv'd (and won't receive for at least 6 more months) and you're telling me I can't get the game version I want? What a joke. Serves me right for pre-ordering I guess. Won't make that mistake again.

Message 1 of 21 (380 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Re: Pre order Watchdogs PS3

Oct 19, 2013
Perhaps you should read all terms before preordering?
Message 2 of 21 (369 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Oct 19, 2013

We're not Sony, friend. It would help if you read the fine print before purchasing things as well.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 21 (366 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 19, 2013
...or they shouldn't hide behind fine print when the right thing to do is satisfy the customer. They're still getting their money. Besides, this isn't a new policy, lots of companies protect themselves with an "all sales are final" clause. It should be used to protect themselves from ppl trying to take advantage of the company, not spread ill-will with long-time, loyal consumers. I'm kinda surprised I'd have to explain that.
Message 4 of 21 (365 Views)
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Oct 19, 2013

That's a bummer.  Would you could consider not preordering games in the future?  There is really no reason to preorder anymore.  I have never had difficulty getting a copy of anything I've wanted on release day.  I stopped preordering years ago.

Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 5 of 21 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Oct 19, 2013

No that is totally wrong and inappropriate of Sony's customer service.  What you need to do is call them again and speak with a supervisor.  Calmly explain the situation and I am sure they will make an exception.  All sales are final but there are exceptions to every rule.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 6 of 21 (352 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Find me a company that doesn't have fine print.

And also, not having these policies would be an absolute nightmare. You may see it as an inconvenience but look at it from the companies perspective. Could you imagine the headache it would create if millions of kids were allowed to constantly change their preorders?
Message 7 of 21 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Nycuma wrote:
...or they shouldn't hide behind fine print when the right thing to do is satisfy the customer. They're still getting their money. Besides, this isn't a new policy, lots of companies protect themselves with an "all sales are final" clause. It should be used to protect themselves from ppl trying to take advantage of the company, not spread ill-will with long-time, loyal consumers. I'm kinda surprised I'd have to explain that.

I believe it's located in the Terms of Service. You have to read it.

Message 8 of 21 (346 Views)
VP of Gaming
29418 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

You agreed to the terms of a contract that you didn't read. That's hardly Sony's fault. Playing the whole "I'm a long time customer" card doesn't work, because the industry doesn't hinge on you, and you alone.

Message 9 of 21 (330 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Oct 19, 2013

In these circumstances with the game coming out prior to the ps4 originally then being delayed until after the ps4 launch I dont think it would be unreasonable for Sony to give a refund.  Not in all cases but with a game delay I think the right thing for them to do is give him a refund of his money.  I do not preorder games so it does not affect me but I can definately see his argument.  ToS are never in stone, and extreme circumstances a company can do the right thing and refund the money. 

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 10 of 21 (310 Views)