First Son
18 posts

Re: Pre-loading not available for Watch Dogs

May 22, 2014
Thanks guys. This is good to know. Was a little upset as this was the whole reason I pre-ordered on PSN. Thx again for the info
Message 41 of 70 (494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 22, 2014
Sony, also talk about 1080P description n PSN store (watchdogs). I already buy 1080, i need 1080 game.
Message 42 of 70 (464 Views)
First Son
27 posts

May 22, 2014

@askplaystation tweeted me back and said watchdogs will not have preload feature. and that was after i spoke to sony rep on live chat and they said yes it would be. its not going to preload..we will have to wait until 3am est to start a download of 40gb so maybe we can play tuesday when its released instead of like a midnight release which is complete **bleep**. i wouldnt of bought off ps store if i known they were gonna lie to us. they do this all the time and do something different. in the real business world i should be able to sue for false advertisment.

Message 43 of 70 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

May 22, 2014

spoke to another rep and said we can download on the 26th and play on 27th. i dont know what to believe, i am gonna just wait and see to save me the frustration. i know if i have to wait until 27th to even begin downloading this huge file i will never purchase anything else from ps store. ill go back to sorry **bleep** gamestop and give them my money

Message 44 of 70 (392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

May 22, 2014
Ya I seen the respond to someone else and say the same thing u did. So not cool, really **bleep** about this. Can I get my money back for a Pre-order on PSN? I'm just getting it from my local gamestop at midnight instead.
Message 45 of 70 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

May 22, 2014

Sony does not offer refunds for games bought through the PSN. I already researched that. Honestly, preloading not being available for Watch Dogs doesn't bother me too much. I leave my PS4 in standby mode most of the time anyway, so I'm just going to set my alarm for 3am on the 27th and download it while I'm sleeping. That way, it should be finished and ready to go by the time I wake up. Not a huge issue for me.

Even so, it is kind of **bleep** that we were led to believe Watch Dogs would be the first preload title when it really isn't.

"Blake, you are an unbalanced, psychopathic ****!!!"--Norman Jayden (Heavy Rain)
Message 46 of 70 (374 Views)
First Son
18 posts

May 22, 2014
Ya that part was **bleep**. As that is only reason I pre-ordered on PSN. My GameStop is doing a midnight launch and I would of went there to buy it, so I could play shortly after midnight. Oh well, now I know.
Message 47 of 70 (347 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 22, 2014
Daysi M.: Hi, my name is Daysi M.. How may I help you?
Mark Woods: Will there be preloading for Watch Dogs on the PS4?
Daysi M.: I see, Mark. I'd be glad to assist you.
Daysi M.: The game developers announced there might be the pre-loading but they haven't release the date for that yet.
Mark Woods: So there isn't any official news for this?
Daysi M.: At this moment there is no date to start loading the pre-order from them.
Mark Woods: As of now we won't be able to download until may 27th 12am pst?
Daysi M.: That's correct, we still waiting to know if the pre-loading will be few days before the release date.
Mark Woods: Ok. Once this is confirmed will it be posted on the PlayStation store?
Daysi M.: That's correct as well on our forums and blogs.
Mark Woods: Ok. Thank you.
Daysi M.: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mark Woods: That's all
You have disconnected.
Message 48 of 70 (295 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

May 22, 2014

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=14184

News: Ubisoft has confirmed to Gaming Target that Watch Dogs will not be participating in the PS4 pre-load program.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 49 of 70 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

May 23, 2014

Sony rep told me today we can start downloading on 26th and can play on 27th. We even spoke about the Destiny article Sony put in the information Center. Right above that it does mention preloading content right before release. Who knows. 

Message 50 of 70 (257 Views)
0 Likes