Oct 02 2012
By: ITATTRACTS_ First Son 3 posts

Pre Order And Wait All Day.

[ Edited ]
29 replies 424 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

Against my better judgment, I pre-ordered NBA 2K13 the other day on the PSN. So now it's Tuesday, I have the day off and I have to sit around and wait until 6PM for the game to actually be available?

Making people who pay full price for a new release wait on release day until the PSN updates is BAD customer service Sony. The full games should be ready to go either at midnight or early in the morning. I will never preorder a full release again. The benefit of "Digital Day One" should be the convenience of having the games DAY ONE the minute you roll out of bed. Otherwise what is the purpose of even offering the option? If I would have known this, I would have just saved the money and gone to the store. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Pre Order And Wait All Day.

Oct 2, 2012
Exactly!!!! Thats the problem. Ten percent off is ok. Not that much but something. I should get more for paying my yearly membership. But ok, to the matter at hand. The benefit to "Day One Digital" should be a midnight or very early morning release as was said in the comment above. I mean like no later than 5 am. Plus subscribers should get an automatic download as soon as it is availibe. If this was done early as we mentioned then plus users would wake up to it since it auto downloads for them. Otherwise there is no real encentive to use D.O.D. If we have to wait for the store to update, then by that time we would have had it and been playing already. While we are running our errands we would have picked it up. I am a plus member. I have been since its inception. But sony gets negative points for this. Please tell me the benefits of D.OD. I would love to know.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 2, 2012

thank you. 

i'm so annoyed right now, and I NEVER complain about PSN stuff. 

i decided to pre-order because I'm home for the next two days with my infant son while his mom is away on business. i figured, I'll pre-order and save myself the hassle of dragging him out to the store on a bad weather day (it's pouring here). that alone is the incentive for me, on a day like this, the digital purchase would be perfect. i was really looking forward to playing while the baby naps because it's great down time. 

not cool Sony. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I thought maybe at 12 PST time I would able to download.. Sadly when I woke up i was wrong still nothing. This is abusrd I would have never paid for pre-purchase if I knew this was going to happen. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 2, 2012
def the first and last time.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Never Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Is Poor Customer Service... Buying In Store Next Time....

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
879 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

I am waiting for Resident Evil 6. Sucks that even online retailers have Same day gaurenteed shipping while digitally we have to wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (329 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28040 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I don't think the NBA game was a 12.01am digital release, only certain day one games were available as "midnight: releases, the rest will be available around 5pm-7pm EST as usual.

To be honest this kind of day one release doesn't appeal to me anyway, first of all I'd rather have an actual disc anyway, & if there's a game I want that's being released at midnight I'd rather go to best Buy or Walmart & do it that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (316 Views)
Wastelander
879 posts

Oct 2, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

I don't think the NBA game was a 12.01am digital release, only certain day one games were available as "midnight: releases, the rest will be available around 5pm-7pm EST as usual.

To be honest this kind of day one release doesn't appeal to me anyway, first of all I'd rather have an actual disc anyway, & if there's a game I want that's being released at midnight I'd rather go to best Buy or Walmart & do it that way.

What about Resident Evil 6, at this point, what games are midnight release exactly.  I am hoping they do an early update as in the 11am PST one.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (313 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28040 posts

Oct 2, 2012

zaruchen wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

What about Resident Evil 6, at this point, what games are midnight release exactly.  I am hoping they do an early update as in the 11am PST one.

Sometimes using the search function in the PS Store will show the game as there, if so you can download it.

As for RE6, I'm sorry I don't know, but try the search function I mentioned, you may get lucky!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (300 Views)
0 Likes