Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: OptimusC Wastelander 690 posts

Possible 25% Discount Next Week on Oddworld: SW HD for PS+?

14 replies 293 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

PlaystationLifeStyle.com has posted a possible early update for next weeks PS Store.  I'd certainly get Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD Vita at a 25% discount.

Here's a link!:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/01/23/oddworld-strangers-wrath-hd-vita-will-be-25-off-on-ps...

Here's the article!:

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD Vita will be 25% off on PS+ Soon, Free PS Vita Game Likely Coming on Tuesday to PS+ as Well

January 23, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

Though it managed to finish in 2nd place during the December 2012 PSN sales charts, there’s likely quite a few of you who haven’t bought Just Add Water’s PlayStation Vita port of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD. Luckily, PlayStation Plus members will be getting a 25% discount very soon.

A user on the PS Blog commented that he thought there would be a discount this week for the title, but that didn’t happen, so he was given this response:

Hi, we’re just waiting for confirmation for the SCEA Store team when the PS+ discount will be available.

I can tell you that it will be 25%.

It’s entirely possible that discount will happen this coming Tuesday, so check back on Monday for our PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Store Preview.

Also of interest to PS+ subscribers on PS Vita is that Chronovolt will be leaving the Instant Game Collection on Tuesday. Since Sony has advertised quite highly that there will always be 6 games on offer for the Vita, expect to hear about a new title on Monday.

I will say that Foosball 2012 was this week’s free game that replaced Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, so don’t get your hopes up too high.

Will you be getting Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD when it goes on sale? What do you hope that free Vita game is? Let us know in the comments below.

Message 1 of 15 (293 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Re: Possible 25% Discount Next Week on Oddworld: SW HD for PS+?

Jan 23, 2013

For people who have not played Stanger's Wrath, I highly recommend it when it goes on sale, one of the best FPS shooters on the vita to date, even though it is old.

Message 2 of 15 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Yeah, I'm hoping to get it next week if this is true.  Regardless, I still might get it lol.  Awesome game.

Message 3 of 15 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1152 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I have been looking at this one hard everytime I turn mine on. If that happens I will most likely own this one.

Message 4 of 15 (272 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8456 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I don't understand why SW was priced the way it was.  It is $10 on the PS3, but $15 on the Vita...  If it was $10 on Vita, I would have considered it, but not at $15, since I already own it on PS3.  A 25% discount puts it at $11.24.  Still more expensive than the big screen edition.

Message 5 of 15 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I didn't know it was cheaper on the PS3, still, don't regret it one bit. SW was a lot of fun, a bit irregular with the difficult at time but overall, a very fun game~.
Message 6 of 15 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Yea if this 25% discount is true, it will be instant buy for me next week. Always loved the Oddworld games.

Also off topic, I can't help but wonder what will be replacing Chronovolt next week for PS+. I hope its something good like Escape Plan or Sound Shapes, I have yet to play both of those. I have not cared for any of the PS+ Vita games outside of the original 6 lanuch titles.

---Edit---

I forgot that Sly 4 demo for vita comes out next week too. Should be a good week for the vita with all of these goodies.

Message 7 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Since I have already played Ninja Gaiden, and do not care for it much, I was really hoping Stranger's Wrath was on sale so I could play this. But sadly, I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the Plus Blog.

Message 8 of 15 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jan 28, 2013

yeah, hopefully we might see in february or something... who knows...

Message 9 of 15 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Jan 28, 2013
$14.99 isn't that expensive for the type of game it is anyway. Sucks that it's slightly more expensive than the PS3 version but it's no reason not to get it~.
Message 10 of 15 (162 Views)
0 Likes