Nov 04 2012
By: DeathKidd Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Ports and franchises heading to the Vita

6 replies 257 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

After reading some of the comments from the Most Wanted and AC:3 Liberation threads, it has come to my mind that they really should stick to just making new IPs.

Why? Because people compare it a lot to the console versions of those games.

I am playing through Most Wanted on my PSP and I been comparing it to Most Wanted in my Vita and honestly my mind is blown on just how it;s even possible to even do this. But of course people are going to complain on how it doesn't look as good as the PS3 version.

Same with Liberation and Bloodlines and the iOS and DS garbage we got, now this is an actual AC game on a handheld and it looks and play spectacular but of course it doesn't look as good as AC3 so let's bash on it. Of course the game has it's hiccups(has happened to me) but I take those hiccups for this experience I can finally get on a handheld.

Now of course both games could have taken away some things up in order to increase performance just as the frame rate issue, but then people wouldn't want to buy them at all because then they will really look like crap.

If we got a new Need for Speed game that's just exclusive to the Vita, then I think people will just rightfully judge it on it's own merits and not on how it doesn't look anything like the PS3 version.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Ports and franchises heading to the Vita

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Well, Assassin's Creed I cant comment on (don't like it so far, plays like the first one, which I didn't like. Haven't tried the others.) However, a Need for Speed made specifically for vita would not go well. The devs who make the console version would just let someone else make it. Need for Speed is perfect as is. Same with Marvel vs Capcom 3. Just let it be a port if it means not giving it to some dev who havent made a big game. We don't need more Resistance and  probably CODs if it means it not being made by their regular devs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Also, what comments are you reading? I've seen more positive talk about Need for Speed than I have for Assassins Creed.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Nov 4, 2012

I own both NFS:MW and AC3:Liberation and I think both games are great. I own a PS3 and in no way am I expecting them to be as high in quality as their console companions. Regardless of how much i enjoy both games there will always be some who don't share my views and i'm alright with that. The important thing is to have your own opinion and not to make judgement based on what some gaming sites may say about a particular game. Metacritic is great to see actual user reviews. If it's the type of game that you like and others are saying that it's worth the purchase then it allows one the incentive to decide for themselves whether or not they want to invest in the software.

New IP's are great, but it still doesn't change the fact that it would be so cool to play console games like Batman Arkham City  and other great games on the Vita. So Sony if youy're listening keep allowing us to have the choice on where and how we play games.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Nov 4, 2012
NfS on vita is great! I think a nice mix of new ips and GOOD Ports is gd. I enjoy having the same games but able to play on go but also have new vita specific to vita as well.
Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4989 posts

Nov 5, 2012

personally i prefer madden 13 on the vita over ps3-- the game is way better on vita- and to be honest graphicly better IMHO

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Same for Rayman origins! That game works so much better on the vita then consoles! Popping the bubbles with a finger was genius!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes