May 07 2012
By: manson60 Monster Hunter 42 posts

Plz Sony, consider this

8 replies 36 views Edited May 7, 2012

Hello all, I dont frequent the forums much but some of you may know me. Ive been a strong supporter of Sony since the ps1 till my very recent YLOD.

Since then ive missed being able to chat with all of my close friends, (far too many to name all of you Smiley Tongue)

So heres my idea Sony tho its not much. I would love to see a psn messenger app for droids and other smart phones. This site doesnt work for that since all the psn community can do is compare trophies. Dont need to incorporate the psn store into it but being able to keep in touch with our friends on psn while away from our systems would be awesome. Theres an app for everything else, why not psn?

I know the 100+ ppl on my list would love this as would I

Ok forum goers gimme your flames or thoughts.   Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Plz Sony, consider this

May 7, 2012

This would an awesome idea. Espically for the people who are on the go who like to check in with their online people. I mean not everyone can be at their ps3 or have a vita right? So why not make one for the andriods. Seems fair to me, I know Xbox have something like this where they can log in and get achivement points DIRECTLY from their mobile phone. So Sony should to. Great idea!

Message 2 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

May 7, 2012

Glad to see im not the only person who likes the idea. Would be pretty simple for them to make a msngr app too. Hopefully others feel the same. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 8, 2012

YEEES ! this i'm sure its something that has been thought from alot of people and sony really needs to consider in doing this.

Since the updates never bring much enthusiasm, ( at least to me ) this would be an awesome app from sony to be added.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

May 8, 2012

Im glad to see im not the only one who would like this to happen. Hopefully they decide that little things like this make their customers happy. I know i didnt like hearing sony tell me it woyld cost $129 to fix my 60gig. Especially after the several thousand dollars ive spent on their merchandise in the past few years.

Message 5 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

May 8, 2012

Ps.Blog.Share is a great place to get the right folks to notice ideas like this one.  I did a quick search there and found this one that seems popular: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/psn-on-the-go/

But feel free to search there and support ideas that you'd like to see in the PlayStation world.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 6 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

May 8, 2012

I love the idea and it would be great for the tablet as well. I don't know why its not on the Vita??

Message 7 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

May 8, 2012

Great idea as always tempest. Smiley Happy I'll throw it in the blog as well. Everyone ive talked to loves the idea.

Message 8 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
42 posts

May 8, 2012

Tho its basically the same idea i submitted mine as well and commented and voted on his. Seems many ppl really like the idea too.

Message 9 of 9 (36 Views)
0 Likes