Jul 10 2010
By: musicman1234 Fender Bender 3519 posts

Plus?...Hmmm...Not there yet

8 replies 16 views Edited Jul 10, 2010

Ok,Sams Club...is a membership to shop place.You pay..Your a member...thing is...I can shop on any isle...Not where they tell me or say"Only on this Isle sir"...I can shop all over. Not the case here.

I think the whole network should be available to us at discount.

I do not see any value yet...This is just me I guess...Plus...2 dollars off something I cant keep if and when I dont want it?

lol...Dude really?..I will pay the 2 extra..Pretty lame in all honesty gang.

BTW..I am a Member of the PSN Plus...for now.

Message 1 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
87 posts

Re: Plus?...Hmmm...Not there yet

Jul 10, 2010

Depends on who you talk to. I was a QORE subscriber and lucky for me, my membership just expired in time to subscribe to the PLUS. Thats a $25 value righ there alone. For those who never played WipeOut HD, its a great on line racer and an added $20 Value for FREE. I think the Automatic Download feature is a great and convenient add on also. Although i do understand your point about not being able to choose your own savings, the way i see it, its like SONY surprises us every week with new Free and Discounted content as a "thank you" for our loyalty. I did a one year $50 subscription to XBL and not once was i offered free games or discounts (i have since canceled that subscription).  All i can say is be patient, its only been 2 weeks. We still have 15 and a half months to see what the PLUS is about.

Message 2 of 9 (16 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
427 posts

Jul 10, 2010

musicman1234 wrote:

Ok,Sams Club...is a membership to shop place.You pay..Your a member...thing is...I can shop on any isle...Not where they tell me or say"Only on this Isle sir"...I can shop all over. Not the case here.

I think the whole network should be available to us at discount.

I do not see any value yet...This is just me I guess...Plus...2 dollars off something I cant keep if and when I dont want it?

lol...Dude really?..I will pay the 2 extra..Pretty lame in all honesty gang.

BTW..I am a Member of the PSN Plus...for now.

discounted games you keep for life, only free games will disapear if u no longer subscribe. if thats what u were saying up there

Socom Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Jul 11, 2010

Sorry but this is the worst analogy I have heard in a long time.

Sam's Club and PS+ are completely different. Sam's doesn't even give you discounts at ALL. You simply become a member for the "privilege" of shopping there. Sam's Club is about $40/year. Not bad, but it's low because you get nothing. You will still pay them full price for anything you buy.

Bottom line, you will get more free things on PS+ in 1 month than you will at Sam's Club for 12 years.

Message 4 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jul 11, 2010

igniteryan wrote:

Sam's Club and PS+ are completely different. Sam's doesn't even give you discounts at ALL. You simply become a member for the "privilege" of shopping there. Sam's Club is about $40/year. Not bad, but it's low because you get nothing. You will still pay them full price for anything you buy.

Bottom line, you will get more free things on PS+ in 1 month than you will at Sam's Club for 12 years.

So basically Sam's Club is more like Live

Message 5 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Jul 11, 2010

tigown wrote:

igniteryan wrote:

So basically Sam's Club is more like Live

Exactly But cross game chat would be nice, hint hint Sony....

Message 6 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Jul 11, 2010

igniteryan wrote:

Just bought a 10 pack of Duracell Batteries..(9 volt) for 12 bucks.Now thats a savings..lol

Those things are like 5 bucks a piece...

Your right tho...food savings..None...

My analogy is pretty lame in itself...lol

Message 7 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Jul 11, 2010

ChrisMichaels04 wrote:

Depends on who you talk to. I was a QORE subscriber and lucky for me, my membership just expired in time to subscribe to the PLUS. Thats a $25 value righ there alone. For those who never played WipeOut HD, its a great on line racer and an added $20 Value for FREE. I think the Automatic Download feature is a great and convenient add on also. Although i do understand your point about not being able to choose your own savings, the way i see it, its like SONY surprises us every week with new Free and Discounted content as a "thank you" for our loyalty. I did a one year $50 subscription to XBL and not once was i offered free games or discounts (i have since canceled that subscription).  All i can say is be patient, its only been 2 weeks. We still have 15 and a half months to see what the PLUS is about.

Good one man..Thanks!!Been wanting Wipeout for awhile now. Just got it and the add on.

(I just paid 10 bucks for the add on..lol)...

I do agree with it being only 2 weeks,it's hard to tell anything in that time.I will say,what made me look into it a little more was that out of the 40 people on my friends list,18 of them have the PSN Plus. Number was rather shocking for this being so new.Me?

I wanna be dazzled and frazzled by the network and I do expect it.

I am a PS Home user and that money could be spent in Home.So...I am pretty picky.

Hope they get it right...I only paid for 3 months.

You made some fantatstic points...Kudos!!!

Message 8 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 11, 2010

igniteryan wrote:

not too vsure about this - when ever i go to sams club - i treat it like a buffett, and i get filled on free food everytime

Message 9 of 9 (16 Views)
0 Likes