Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 06 2011
By: jpbslayer Treasure Hunter 5021 posts

Plus Content After Expiration

[ Edited ]
27 replies 44938 views Edited Apr 9, 2014

For those of you wondering why you are no longer able to play the games you got on your 30 day trial of plus here is an explanation

FREE GAMES ; Any game / DLC you get FREE with plus expires at the same time your plus membership expires. Meaning you will not be able to play these games unless you renew plus, or buy the game. if you go the way of reuping for plus - you can still play the games from your old membership - even if your membership expired - if you deleted the games because you were no longer able to play them - you can find them in your download list and redownload them

DISCOUNTED ITEMS;Anything you got from plus as a discounted item you paid for you keep.

MISC; All avatars, themes are yours to keep forever.

2 FREE GAMES GIVEN OUT AS WELCOME BACK PACKAGE. these are yours to keep forever. They have nothing to do with plus subscriptions (thanks Speedy24xmax) for pointing this out

hope this helps and cuts down on new threads asking where the games went.

any1 who thinks i missed something or could have worded it better please let us know

Mod Edit: Updated label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (44,938 Views)
VP of Gaming
29002 posts

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PLUS GAMES (STICKY PLEASE)

Jul 5, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

For those of you wondering why you are no longer able to play the games you got on your 30 day trial of plus here is an explanation

FREE GAMES ; Any game you get FREE with plus expires at the same time your plus membership expires. Meaning you will not be able to play these games unless you renew plus, or buy the game. if you go the way of reuping for plus - you can still play the games from your old membership - even if your membership expired - if you deleted the games because you were no longer able to play them - you can find them in your download list and redownload them

DISCOUNTED ITEMS;Anything you got from plus as a discounted item you paid for you keep.

any1 who thinks i missed something or could have worded it better please let us know

yea right jpb, if only huh!

Good job btw, as for it being 'Stickied', yea it should be but I won't be holding my breath!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 5, 2011

Nice Post

I was a Bit confused myself... Till someone taught me better.

I was under the impression if you activated the + and then went and got your 2 free games from the Welcome back package when the + expires so will your 2 games but I learned I was wrong...

It doesnt matter those two games from the welcome back is indeed yours to keep even if the + expires...

Thought I would add to your OP

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5021 posts

Jul 5, 2011

Speedy24xmax wrote:

Nice Post

I was a Bit confused myself... Till someone taught me better.

I was under the impression if you activated the + and then went and got your 2 free games from the Welcome back package when the + expires so will your 2 games but I learned I was wrong...

It doesnt matter those two games from the welcome back is indeed yours to keep even if the + expires...

Thought I would add to your OP

Photobucket  Photobucket   Photobucket

My Games: Saints Row 2 , Grand Theft Auto 4 , Modern Warfare 2 , Little Big Planet , Street Fighter 4 , Sonic's Greatest Genesis Collection , Monopoly , Metal Gear Solid 4 , Iron Man , Grand Turismo 5 Prologue , Grand Turismo 5 , Need For Speed Shift , Need For Speed Pro Street , Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe , Motor Storm Pacific Rift , Facebreaker , Far Cry 2 , Warhawk , Pure

nice catch speedy - i should have thought to include that part - wish they still had the edit option for the op.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5021 posts

Jul 5, 2011

wow kudos, i did not know this

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 5, 2011

Anytime!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5021 posts

Jul 5, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

jpbslayer wrote:

FREE GAMES ; Any game you get FREE with plus expires at the same time your plus membership expires. Meaning you will not be able to play these games unless you renew plus, or buy the game. if you go the way of reuping for plus - you can still play the games from your old membership - even if your membership expired - if you deleted the games because you were no longer able to play them - you can find them in your download list and redownload them

yea right jpb, if only huh!

Good job btw, as for it being 'Stickied', yea it should be but I won't be holding my breath!

yeah, unfortuntaley i know what ya mean -

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jul 6, 2011

... but where did my games go ... ? 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Re: Plus Content After Expiration

Jul 6, 2011

Thanks for making the post; definitely the community should know how accesing Plus content works if their subscription lapses, whether it was part of Welcome Back or not. Will keep it as Featrued Content for a while, if not FOREVER =)

Thanks!

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Plus Content After Expiration

Jul 14, 2011

This is great to see, if true (I'm going to trust that it is).  I'm always wary about buying the discounted PS+ games, thinking that if I ever let if lapse I'll have to rebuy them again at full price.  I'd even be willing to pay the difference (regular price - what I paid as a PS+ member).  Getting to keep them forever at that discounted price is a great bonus.

And not all of the free items disappear (avatars, themes)?  Another bonus.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (44,938 Views)
0 Likes