Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Re: Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

Sep 10, 2012

And I say It again. Sony if you dont wont this to be done then put all the psp  games on psn. It should have all ready have been done. Then things like this dont have to be done to play the ones you wont cut lose for people.If they did this I know you could have already have done it with all you have to do it with, compaired to them.

Message 51 of 56 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Swampzy wrote:
It sounds like a lot of people here are completely misunderstanding what wololo is doing here.

First off, Wololo's exploit is in a save file in a psp game, meaning it only gives access to the psp emulators resources. It does NOT allow full access to the Vita's hardware.

I know I will never make anyone possibly agree with me, but Wololo's exploit is actually good for Sony and good for the homebrew community.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/09/06/hacking-the-vita-yifan-lu-talks-homebrew-security-and...

I'm not talking about the Half-Byte Loader (PSP emulator hack) but the new "Userland" exploit that steps beyond the PSP Emulator. Now, Mr. Yifan Lu is a "good guy." He's all anti-piracy and all that parade. He says that his new exploit won't directly lead to piracy and his feelings would get hurt and he would be guilty if it does. And now people on Wololo's comments box are going "Aww, this is a good guy! He's all pro-homebrew and anti-piracy." Well, I can definitely tell you I'm not falling for that crap.

PSP hacking and PS3 hacking started from homebrew. One small exploit leading one after the other. And despite the "good intention" of Mr. Dark-AleX, Prometheus Dev and Team M33 and everyone else on board, let's not BS ourselves: If they won't enable piracy and cheating, other people who want to enable it under the guise of "good intention" WILL.

Ok, fine, I get the idea of "unlocking the power of the Vita." But I don't want my investment to be "unlocked" for old 10-30+ year old games. I want Developers to unlock the Vita with NEW games. And that's not going to happen when the devs are scared away again like what happened during the PSP era.

On a sidenote: Mr. Lu's exploit features an image of a pirate, complete with the skull-and-crossbones insignia. Not exactly building confidence of your "anti-piracy stance" there, Mr. Lu.

vitapirate.jpeg

Message 52 of 56 (111 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Sep 10, 2012

I hope someone starts doing something awesome with the system soon cuz Sony doesnt seem to be in any hurry

Message 53 of 56 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 10, 2012
I understand where your coming from and I agree. His exploit/loader is a bigger step to a kernel exploit which could become a big problem for the Vita. I love homebrew but not at the expense of the Vita games being pirated. That's what I like about Wololo's exploit. It's not threatening like full kernel access is.
Message 54 of 56 (103 Views)
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Sep 10, 2012

Next someone will find a way to pull in a program to play videos on the search engine for internet. I would rather sony do this but if they do I would be tempted to check that one out myself. Sony has had long enough to do this. I am surprised someone has not come up with a way to read and download umd disk. Sony has not put a lot of the psp games on vita that people are asking for also. If you wait to long people with the knowledge will get board with it and try to do things for themself. If it is on there they have no reasion too.People will always hack just to see what makes things tick inside a system.But some people just get tired of waiting and do it themself when they would not if it was already on there to began with.

Message 55 of 56 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Sep 10, 2012

This thread has run it's course.  Locking.

Message 56 of 56 (65 Views)
0 Likes