Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Re: Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

Sep 9, 2012

Why do they still have the game up that takes advantage of the exploit? 

Message 41 of 56 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Because Sony is not god, even FBI and High Security Bank can get hack by hacker, remember that one time the server was DOWN because of hacker? Tragic isn't it
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 42 of 56 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 9, 2012
hero has no brain. he is community troll #2. sony was down for 4 weeks? or 6. im not sure. glad i have xbox. at least i got a free psp game when it came back on. i hope wololo and his followers choke on a chicken bone and turn blue in the face!!!
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 43 of 56 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Sep 9, 2012
I can't believe people think that you can play ps3 games on the Vita lmao what a bunch of dumb **bleep** . There's a hug difference in the CPU/GPU of both system. PC's can't even run 233mhz ps2 games right and they think the Vita can perform the same as the PS3? Those people please educate yourselves before posting.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 44 of 56 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

I want 3rd party support, and that's why I don't want the Vita hacked.

For the guy talking about the price of games. I have 5 kids and have no problem with the prices, and if I do I'll find a used copy somewhere. Which is a rarity. Supporting mine and my kids gaming habits can be expensive.

I'll show you how expensive. PSone ($300), 60 PSone games ($3,000), PS2 ($300), 80 PS2 games ($4,000+), XBox ($200), 40 XBox games ($2,000), 3 360's ($900), 125 360 games ( $7,500), far amount of XBLA games ($ unknown) Gaming PC ($1,800), Gaming laptop ($800), PC games ($ unknown), 2 DS ($200), DS games ($ unknown), PSVita ($250), 7 PSVita games ($175), 6 PSP games ($60), controllers/hd cables/HDTV's/steering wheel/arcade stick/Mt. Dew/snacks/XBL/players guides/game magazines/gas to get rid of Wife and Kids for the day/Gears of War and MK statues/memory cards/ and the list goes on (unknown value). Yeah, it's an expensive habit, but isn't any habit?   

The memory cards could be a little cheaper though. I did find an 8gig one the other week (still packaged) for $15 at our local used everything shop, and Uncharted: GA for $29. Asked if the guy would do both for $40, he gave them to me for $39. Picked up Unit 13 yesterday used for $25 at Gamestop, it even had a code on the receipt for the online portion. Both these games came with the cases, and I prefer getting used games as a cartridge, then getting a disk. To many people don't take care of their disks. Smiley Sad

Ask yourself this, and I do realize being in your first 4 years of being a leather neck you are still young and don't have kids to support. So, may not have much experience with having to support yourself (rent, car payments, insurance, groceries) depending if you live on base, but if you took time out of your life to get an education to learn to program (nevermind whatever you had to pay for that education), wouldn't you feel that you should get paid for your time learning to do it, and for the time you spent making that game?

I am personally back in school, in the Computer Science field, and to me that means not only the cost of school, but also means being away from my kids all week, only seeing them on the weekend. Now I'm not divorced, and I was an at home Dad taking care of my kids. So for me this is a personal sacrifice I'm making in hopes of one day giving my Wife and Kids what they deserve. Oh, and let's not forget the sacrifice my Wife is making (basically being a single Mom all week), and the sacrifice my Kids are making not seeing their Dad all week. I've noticed a difference in my youngest one over last school year, and he doesn't want me to leave.

Hard to believe I was going to only post that first line. lol.

So, I hope I didn't post anything that may come off as insulting to anyone. Not my intent. Peace and Good Gaming All. 

Message 45 of 56 (132 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Who thinks that? Obviously they aren't serious pc gamers because pc gamers know that you need a lot of horse-power to emulate games. And most emulators that even run games better resolution and quality on pc still have problems.
Message 46 of 56 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2034 posts

Sep 10, 2012

You know I would not mind if they down scaled some of the ps3 games for the vita.Lesser graphics would still look like ps3 quality on vitas screen.

Message 47 of 56 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Sep 10, 2012
My post was towards Hero_of_winds about how he keeps saying the Vita can play PS3 games.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 48 of 56 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Jailbreaking is a poor and complex attempt for me into the industry; which I'll never do.
Message 49 of 56 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 10, 2012
It sounds like a lot of people here are completely misunderstanding what wololo is doing here. As someone who supports jail breaking and doing whatever you want with a device you own, let me give you my two cents.

First off, Wololo's exploit is in a save file in a psp game, meaning it only gives access to the psp emulators resources. It does NOT allow full access to the Vita's hardware. Wololo's exploit doesn't work with iso loaders or anything of the such. No psp, no psone, no vita games are being pirated here at all. The only reason most people want this is because of emulators. Yes I'm one of them. The Vita is a wonderful piece of hardware that's lacking in games at the moment and emulators for very old games definitely help remedy that. I understand the piracy problem and no I don't support it at all. I hate it in fact. Nothing worse than hackers destroying a console or cheaters on a leader board.

Second, Sony has to be very careful how they attempt this. Hacking is very much a cat and mouse game and if Sony doesnt let them have a leash, then they will run wild until they find a hack that exploits the Vita hardware completely. Remember when Sony sued George Hotz? Shortly after the PSN went down because of the hackers response to Sony.

I know I will never make anyone possibly agree with me, but Wololo's exploit is actually good for Sony and good for the homebrew community. Sony gets a burst of sales of the psp game and then just patches it later while the hackers look for other psp games to exploit. Plus the homebrew and emulators don't involve any form of piracy that will hurt Sony. If you say pirating Snes games is horrible and will kill the Vita you are mistaken, considering you can do it on a number of other devices.

Closing comment, I don't know how many of you have used any of the previous exploits from Wololo, but playing some classic games on the Vita's hardware with its OLED screen is beautiful. Homebrew isn't about piracy and all hackers get labeled as that. It's about doing what you want to your device that you bought. It's like your car, what if you could only install OEM parts, no custom rims, no body kits, not allowed to paint it. I understand there is a difference people but think about it. If I want to play some emulators on a device I bought and it's not affecting anyone , then I should be able too. And I support Wololo.
Message 50 of 56 (102 Views)
0 Likes