Survivor
2504 posts

Re: Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

Sep 9, 2012
I care, because once the security of the PS Vita has been compromised, developers will be far less interested in developing for the PS Vita. There will be fewer resources available for them to invest because they're taking a higher risk. And just like that, all that "potential" everyone spouted about the PS Vita will be lost. I'm referring to the potential of quality games and apps, as apposed to what some hacker enabled, like unlimited free PS Vita games, they got from a torrent site, that are now going to suck due to poor developer resources.

I respect that a hacker has that gift of being able to reverse engineer software, but it would be nice if they all believed in and had some strong universal ethic of respecting the original author's work and stop opening the flood gates to others to take advantage of it and not be all "OMGLOLWTFBBQ YOU SUCK BECAUSE I HACKED YOUR MACHINE AND CAN DO WHAT EVER I WANT HAHAHA", which is pretty much what they did in that one video.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 21 of 56 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

Because it drives the people who can make games for it away.

if you want to play 5 to 10 year old games this is not an issue...have fun replaying those same old games over while the system dies a slow death from people abandoning any further development for it.

devs need to make money, they are not interested in your happiness...its a business. if there is no money to be made they will go elsewhere.

Message 22 of 56 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 9, 2012

I agree that hacking,cheating,pirating are wrong and cost many problem. But at first we should know that Hacker, Cheater and Pirate are not the same people.

Hacker are people that hack/exploit the security hole, crack and allow program that are illegal or program that need to be paid to run perfectly for free on certain console. They do this for fame, as they gain no money or profit doing such act, not to mention the risk of getting 10 years in prison. It is to say that they're to blame for a console having less sale, less game being make, but is it true?

Now let talk about Cheater. These people are the one who use Hacker Program to gain advantages in their game, exploit the glitch, to gain leaderboard rank, get access to score that is normally impossible to get. They may cause damage in the leaderboard or online community, however, they do no damage for gaming company and developer.

But the worse one of all are PIRATE. These people are the one who download Hacker Program and get stuff that was originally priced for free. At such they're consider to be thief and they are the on held responsible for sale going down and console getting less game. These people should be to blame. It's not hacker who should be blame, they only make the program, it's greedy and cheap-stake people like these pirate that should be blame for sale going down.

I agree Sony should work on improving security, but it's hard as it's say, because no matter what we try, there's gonna be hacks. The Blu-ray fomat help the PS3 from getting hack for the first 3 years. But then Jailbreak came. It's same to say about the PSP as well, with Homebrew and Custom-Firmware. The VIta is going to get hacked soon, no point trying to prevent it. But as legit gamer, we should not care about whether the Vita is getting hack or not, because it's Sony and Developer Job.

All we do, as Customer, is to stay loyal and support the company by paying games. There is no point to talk about hacker, not to mention, think all these 3 type of people as one person, when you can do nothing about it. Really, all these talk but can you do anything beside standing aside and wait for it to happen?

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 23 of 56 (91 Views)
Wastelander
640 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

well the 2 reasons im excited is because 

1- Ridiculous pricing for Vita games. Come on Sony make the games $19.99 not $29.99 and higher. but in hacking you get games for free

2- PS3 games will be playable on the vita via ISO! So no need to wait for ports! I seriously want to play Final Fantasy XIII and Call Of Duty Black Ops Zombies on the go!

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Message 24 of 56 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 9, 2012
And you're pretty dumb saying that out loud when Sony Employee ( aka MOD) read these forum, well enjoy getting banned if you're planning on what you're planning. 40$ is actually decent price, don't be cheap, unless of course you don't have a job. Also There is no way in hell PS3 game can run on the Vita via Emulator
I love Adam Levine
Message 25 of 56 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2012

lol when did i say i was going to hack my Vita so i cant get banned lol!

A USMC who doesnt have a job? Sorry i make a lot just for fixing tanks and probably will be making more when i open my own German Cars parts and service shop when my four years of service is complete.

but the games are seriously way too over priced 

And have you actually research what the Vita is capable of and have you been keeping up with the Vita hacking forums and community? Well if you havnt i'll be happy to tell you the Vita is capable of playing ps3 games lol! Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 56 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Sound fishy to me you're making a lot of money, and you're saying 30-40$ games overpriced. No I don't keep up with your hacking forum because i'm a legit gamer, I did pay for my game Smiley Happy
I love Adam Levine
Message 27 of 56 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Sounds fishy? will you have to consider the facts that im single and my parents do not use any of the money sent back to them and that i only use to make $7.79 back then at hollister. So about 2K a month is a lot to me but little in money.

And yup way to over priced for portable games It should only be $6.99 in reality but i guess sony is money hungry unlike Apple. lol

Legit gamer? Then how come you didnt know the Vita was capable of playing PS3 games lol your too fuuny Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 56 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 9, 2012

Hero_of_winds wrote:

Sounds fishy? will you have to consider the facts that im single and my parents do not use any of the money sent back to them and that i only use to make $7.79 back then at hollister. So about 2K a month is a lot to me but little in money.

And yup way to over priced for portable games It should only be $6.99 in reality but i guess sony is money hungry unlike Apple. lol

Legit gamer? Then how come you didnt know the Vita was capable of playing PS3 games lol your too fuuny Smiley Very Happy

There is no given source, no such OFFICIAL information. The Vita is powerful yes, but at it current state, it can't play PS3 games, maybe since you get your info from a hacker forum. I'm sorry but if I would want PS3 games on my Vita. I would just get a PS3 instead, which I already have.

I love Adam Levine
Message 29 of 56 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Sep 9, 2012

lol Hackers are always right if you havnt notice just like the character leaks for Playstation All Stars LOL but i dont where your getting your sources the Vita isnt capable of playing PS3 games but if you really must believe the Vita isnt capable of playing Ps3 games then go ahead and if you want to buy a ps3 then go ahead its a free world lol Do what ever you want! Smiley Very Happy  

Message 30 of 56 (125 Views)
0 Likes