First Son
18 posts

Re: Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

Sep 7, 2012
Well... most of you talk about hackers as if they were stealing something. I can be a hacker and make everyones Vita play homebrew, if people use it to pirate, that's their problem.

The hacker is not a thief. Get your facts right.
Message 11 of 56 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Donelwero wrote:
Well... most of you talk about hackers as if they were stealing something. I can be a hacker and make everyones Vita play homebrew, if people use it to pirate, that's their problem.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

To me, the hacker IS the thief, because they ENABLE the acts to happen. They didn't "intend" it, but they made it so that other people can take it and run with it and then it becomes a slippery slope from there. CWCheat and/or TEMPAR will come out for the Vita then Highscores and online play will be a problem for EVERYONE. Oh, and did I mention the trolling plugin that froze up other people's PSPs (even non-hacked ones) at will?

Ok, full disclosure, I DID write tutorials for hacking PSPs. And you know what? I had people private messaging me on thanking me on hacking their PSPs. And the next step was asking me how to download PSP games. I wouldn't have guessed! Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 56 (153 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Sep 8, 2012
I hacked my PSP 1000 to play emus, hacked a friends PSP because he also wanted to go Retro and play emus. Then one day he told me he wanted me to update his CFW so he can play the latest PSP games. I asked how many PSP games he had downloaded and he said ALL OF THEM that worked with the 4.40mm3 firmware. He's was downloading them and storing them on a 1terabit portable hard drive. I told him I wasn't updating his PSP to steal games and he got really **bleep**. Not all people want to steal, but most deff others do. Im tired of reading comments on youtube for PSP games I might want to buy on my Vita and always see people saying, here download the game here and post links to the download. Makes me sick and that's why we don't need and hacks on the Vita. Its not the ones who are great full for the time and hard work but its those odd ones who screw everything up.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 13 of 56 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 8, 2012
@donelwero downloading games, dvds,music is copyright and is also stealing. hackers steal and so do others.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 14 of 56 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

What developer is going to want to make a game for a system that is completely hacked, knowing that the costumers can just download the game for free? Do you know any big developer who would like to work for free?

That is mainly why I dont want the Vita to get hacked.

Message 15 of 56 (142 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4472 posts

Sep 8, 2012

we care cuz when the devs see the system is hacked & ppl are gettin games for free then the devs are losing money & won't develop games for said system meaning we get less games & thats y the PSP went downhill

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 16 of 56 (142 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Donelwero wrote:

Not every hacker is a thief. That is correct. But every thief has used the hacker's tools to steal. Many hackers are also thieves. At some point people have to take responsibility for what their actions cause. Look at it another way, if a Pawn Shop sells tools for thieves and buys stolen property are they not enabling the Thieves to steal? Sure the pawn shop guy himself is not stealling but he sure is making it easy for someone else to do so.

To an extent I think Sony needs to work with the homebrew community to try and  help many of these budding developers get their games out to the community. To work with the community on implementing features that users want with less fuss and mess.

While I know that emulators can be a great thing for people to play old games that are hard or impossible to find any more, I don't really feel that people should be putting NES emulators on Sony systems. Just my opinion.

Message 17 of 56 (113 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Sep 8, 2012

thats why the memory cards aren't SanDisk, they're Sony so people can't put hacks onto.

Message 18 of 56 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
398 posts

Sep 9, 2012
Message 19 of 56 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Sep 9, 2012

ch2423 wrote:
Well, looks like its starting already:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/08/vita-homebrew-hack-underway-wont-allow-users-to-pirate-retail/

And hope it comes to a dead stop. Or a slow crawl.

Message 20 of 56 (114 Views)
0 Likes