Sep 07 2012
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 571 posts

Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

55 replies 558 views Edited Sep 7, 2012
I can understand sony caring bout vita hacks but as long as we gamers dont hack or take part how does it affect us . Is it plp worried bout online mutiplayer hacks? I owned a psp just last yr bought new n never had issues and i know u cld get ur psp modded ect yet i rly dont care to mess around with screwing with that stuff ill be happy playing n doing what sony offers
Gamer till the End
Message 1 of 56 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Pls answer! Why do people care if the vita gets hacked?

Sep 7, 2012
People care if the PSV gets hacked because hacking leads to piracy. While piracy alone cannot be blamed for a system downfall it sure as hell plays a major role. The PSP was predated by piracy that was born in the hacks introduced through customfirmwares~.

That's why people care if the PSV gets hacked; because even if the people who create custom firmwares claim they are not intended for piracy, they leave a door open for people to use illegal copies through them~.
Message 2 of 56 (555 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 7, 2012
People just want home brew and others want vistas games for free. Sony used to allow custom firmware on the PSP when it 1st happened. Then people got greedy and started stealing PSP games and Sony not longer supports it. Its always the criminals up screw everything up for the rest of us.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 3 of 56 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8181 posts

Sep 7, 2012
The PSP was ruined because of the hacking. Let's not BS ourselves:

CWCheat enables multiplayer and scoreboard hacking. In LittleBigPlanet, the scoreboards are full of 99999999 scores (!) that are totally impossible to get by normal play. My last PSP Online game is Need for Speed Carbon, and that has hackers that allow them to gain super-speed or infinite Turbo not possible in game. Modnation Racers PSP had hackers that cause other people's systems to freeze and so on. SOCOM and MoH had people with infinite ammo or health.
Message 4 of 56 (538 Views)
Sackboy
571 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Ok thanks i def was being serious on this posting was curious as i wasnt sure other thenbin game fheating how it affects us. Thanks for the replies more r welcome
Gamer till the End
Message 5 of 56 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

Less Quality games will come out if it gets hacked. Not that I'm a huge fan of the newest games anyways. I feel better games came out for playstation 1 and N64. They really made quality stuff back then or maybe its just a bit of nostralgia bias from myself? 

Message 6 of 56 (526 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Sep 7, 2012

There are many reasons for the non-hacking community to get upset and mad about the hacking community. It doesn't just apply to the Vita.

To start with, a lot of the hackers do so to get free games. This is theft. This is piracy. This is wrong.

Many hackers will also invade multi-player games so that they can win. This ruins the experience for other gamers.

I don't really care if all someone wants to do is run an emulator program so they can play old games from other systems. But for you to do so, someone has to hack the OS. This will inevitably lead to theft and cheating. Both of which ruin gaming. So for you to do what you want, it will also come at a cost to those around you. Just because 1 million gamers claim they'd never resort to piracy or cheating, it doesn't matter. Because there are plenty of hackers who will do so.

No thank you.

Message 7 of 56 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Sep 7, 2012

this is copy pasted from the other hack thread. my reply stands:

i get the arguments for hacking a device u own and so forth, i just don't like the implications (namely piracy) this brings about. inevitably this is a cool **bleep** device and i really do understand the desirability to hack it for emulators and so forth... but it's a slippery slope, they release just one exploit and some other hacker takes it and runs with it and next thing u know......

it doesn't just affect the hacker community. u think ps1 emulation was delayed because of debuging and so forth? i'm pretty sure they just wanted to close any possible exploits. sony can't even tell us what they are working on they are so afraid of these types working with early info to get one step ahead. it affects them down to the way they communicate with us.

there's no clearcut solution. sony can't outright ban these users or remotely brick devices, that will only drive up angry consumer response and with all those bricked vita's on the market, ppl will have no choice but to resort to hacks to try and fix it. i think a suitable punishment would also be to ban psn accounts, purchased dlc/games/etc. but that would also just drive piracy up once people can't legitimately play anymore. i never read those EULA jawns that come about everytime u install new firmware but i'm pretty sure there are threats for this sort of thing within. if u wanna use PSN u gotta follow the rules. 

it's a tough egg to crack. there's no ideal solution except abstinence from hacking. but that's not gonna happen because johnny freedom over there is gonna tinker what he wants to. i don't mean to sound like i'm on some high horse either but i'm really rooting for the vita and this sends a shiver of doubt up my spine. 

Message 8 of 56 (501 Views)
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Sep 7, 2012

alien_jew_420 wrote:

it doesn't just affect the hacker community. u think ps1 emulation was delayed because of debuging and so forth? i'm pretty sure they just wanted to close any possible exploits. sony can't even tell us what they are working on they are so afraid of these types working with early info to get one step ahead. it affects them down to the way they communicate with us.

In hackings defense PS1 emulation did not exisit on the PSP until someone hacked it in and only a long time after it was hacked in did sony even announce they were going to make it a feature.

But yes the PSP hacking community + Sony's poor decision making( everyone always forgets this part) inadvertently hurt the PSP. The exploit combined with the Vita's already **bleep** poor sales will probably mean that the developers that could make the high end games the Vita was ment to run will probably stay away. Which leaves only indies.  

Message 9 of 56 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 7, 2012
i agree with Doppelgangergang. online cheats and free games, not cool at all. we need a hack free console with fair online play. there is too many weak players that have to cheat just to win.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 10 of 56 (435 Views)
0 Likes