Dec 12 2013
By: Kharmeister First Son 19 posts
Accepted Solution

Please recommend an inexpensive PS4 stereo headset solution with microphone

14 replies 364 views Edited Dec 12, 2013

I have a Sony brand iPhone earbud headset that works great when plugged into the PS4 controller, but the microphone doesn't work.  I've also tried the official PS Vita stereo earbuds with microphone, and guess what, the microphone doesn't work on PS4 either.  I'm waiting for Sony to patch in support for the 7.1 Stereo Wireless Headset, so in the meantime I just want an inexpensive stereo headset that I can pipe the game sound from the controller but will also allow me to use the microphone.  Are there any headsets out there that do this?

Message 1 of 15 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Please recommend an inexpensive PS4 stereo headset solution with microphone

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2013

Define inexpensive

Having a range would help folks make realistic suggestions.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 15 (356 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Look at the turtle beaches that's are compatible that are like 50ish dollars for the x12
Sea Town Hitman signature
Message 3 of 15 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Turtle beach P11 are like $50 bucks but you get what you pay for with them.
Message 4 of 15 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 12, 2013

Apple EarPods.

you can find them all day for like $10-15. $20 or more at an apple store

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 15 (334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 12, 2013

Sorry, when I meant "inexpensive" I mean in the $25 or less range.  Since I already have the Sony Wireless 7.1 Stereo headset, I don't want to invest a more expensive product like the Turtle Beach headset.

Ghost of Sparta, I happen to have an iPhone but I don't use the earbuds it came with. Are you saying that the microphone works as well?  I guess I'll have to test them (I absolutely hate the feel of the iPod headset), but if it means stereo sound and microphone both work, I guess I can live with that until the 7.1 headset is finally made PS4-compatible.

Message 6 of 15 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Message 7 of 15 (305 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Dec 12, 2013

Kharmeister wrote:

I have a Sony brand iPhone earbud headset that works great when plugged into the PS4 controller, but the microphone doesn't work.

This is weird, because I have three pairs of iPhone earbuds (one Sony Branded pair, one Ultimate Ears pair, and a pair of official Apple EarPods) that all work.  The mics don't work with the PS Vita, but they work with the PS4 when plugged into the DS4.  At least for party chat.

Make sure they are plugged all the way in.  It may take a little more effort to fully plug them into the DS4 the first time you plug them in.  You shouldn't have to FORCE them in, but they should snap in with a pretty solid click.

Message 8 of 15 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3748 posts

Dec 12, 2013

Kharmeister wrote:

I have a Sony brand iPhone earbud headset that works great when plugged into the PS4 controller, but the microphone doesn't work.  I've also tried the official PS Vita stereo earbuds with microphone, and guess what, the microphone doesn't work on PS4 either.  I'm waiting for Sony to patch in support for the 7.1 Stereo Wireless Headset, so in the meantime I just want an inexpensive stereo headset that I can pipe the game sound from the controller but will also allow me to use the microphone.  Are there any headsets out there that do this?

TRY THESE: I have them and they work great.

Message 9 of 15 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Any pair of headphones would be good. I use my Samsung earbuds and A pair of skullcandys. They both work just fine and are inexpensive.
Message 10 of 15 (286 Views)
0 Likes