Dec 08 2012
By: RawNG First Son 2 posts

Please re-release Socom2 for ps3. HD or not.

2 replies 44 views Edited Dec 8, 2012
I know there's been other threads but this game deserves it and I hope people don't stop demanding to get these great games back
I know that I'm not the only one who is willing to pay top dollar, say $100 on it.
These games were in my opinion the definition of a tactical teamwork shooter. I spend my days and nights on this game and to this day haven't found anything close to the experience I had with these games.
It's so rare to find a game where EVERY map is good and every game setting is fun. The weapons made sense and worked amazingly.
I play MMOs now but I'd give them up in a heartbeat for this game again.
The days of GameBattles were awesome and no other game to my knowing on a consol was using GB then.
Logging on prime time hours to see the NA servers almost full. DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!! Oh man how I loved those.
CoD is only fun for so long, people don't have mics, no onE plays as a team. It's just run and gun. So tired of this crap. I NEED Socom 2 in my life again in a major way.
Message 1 of 3 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Re: Please re-release Socom2 for ps3. HD or not.

Dec 8, 2012

RawNG wrote:
I know there's been other threads but this game deserves it and I hope people don't stop demanding to get these great games back
I know that I'm not the only one who is willing to pay top dollar, say $100 on it.
These games were in my opinion the definition of a tactical teamwork shooter. I spend my days and nights on this game and to this day haven't found anything close to the experience I had with these games.
It's so rare to find a game where EVERY map is good and every game setting is fun. The weapons made sense and worked amazingly.
I play MMOs now but I'd give them up in a heartbeat for this game again.
The days of GameBattles were awesome and no other game to my knowing on a consol was using GB then.
Logging on prime time hours to see the NA servers almost full. DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!! Oh man how I loved those.
CoD is only fun for so long, people don't have mics, no onE plays as a team. It's just run and gun. So tired of this crap. I NEED Socom 2 in my life again in a major way.
I co-sign that. When i play COD I run and gun i don't even really care lol. But sadly i don't think that a new SOCOM will make it on PS3. May'be on PS4... Their are alot of people wanting SOCOM 2 (Including myself lol) and Zipper shut down. We are just gonna have to be patient and probably have to wait years till a new SOCOM Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28800 posts

Re: Please re-release Socom2 for ps3. HD or not.

Dec 8, 2012

The reason why we haven't seen a SOCOM re-release, is that according to Zipper the game would have be completely rewritten, reason being is the online play won't run on the Playstation Network. I doubt very much that anyone would want to play the single player only, and if you're doing all of the work of making a new game, you're going to make a NEW game, and not handcuff yourself to a ten year old one. 

Message 3 of 3 (35 Views)
0 Likes