Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: Please make the PS4 backwards compatable.

Jan 14, 2013

I agree, people just don't understand... 

Even if most of the PSN Fan Base is not using Backwards Compatibility... There are people who don't have the funds to spend on Games, even a PS3... Some people buy their PS3 souly for Music & Movies, & use their older Games on it instead of buying New ones... 

Then there are those who are Old School, & don't like Newer Games... 

I missed out on the PS2 Market when I got an X-Box, but when I saw the PS3 hitting Stores, & saw that it had Backwards Compatibility, I couldn't afford it, but I worked exteremely hard to get one, & you know the first thing I did when I got one? 

I bought all those PS2 Games I couldn't buy while owning an X-Box that I missed out on... 

Now, i'm selling my X-Box since most of it's Games are already on the PS2, & work with PS3... 

Dun get me wrong, PS3 has better Games, but I want the PS2 Games because their not on the PS3 yet... 

There aren't very many Anime Titles yet... 

I play like 80% of all Genre, & a little of everything, I play both Old School, & New School Style Of Games... 

Removing Backwards Compatibility will ruin the Console for me... Especially if this stupid Rumor goes through about CD's being Wipped Out Completely... Payable Internet Fees... 

Any one of these things would make me pass on the PS4, I could care less on how great the Games are, or how great the PS4 is... 

If 1 of these were to happen, then I would not buy the PS4... 

I'll admit I play more PS3 Games then PS2, but I do still play my PS2 Games, & a lot more then you think... 

Spending more money on a Console just for a Bigger HDD is pointless... I'd rather pay for the Features that make the Console, 

Gamming Platform... 

Hell, give me an Amazing Console loaded with Features, & then only give me 2GB of Space to save anything I want on it... 

I will gladly be willing to visit a Store to pick up a bigger HDD to Replace the current one with the New one... 

I don't know about anyone else, but the only reason I want a PS4 so bad, is cause of it's Harware, buit in Cam, such, & such, whatever features that will come with it, i'm not even interested in any PS4 Games that come out... 

I just simply want the Console it's self... 

Sony didn't loose to Microsoft with the PS3 compared to the X-Box 360, because of Backwards Compatibility... 

1.) Sony is making it practically impossible for People to know where the Future of PS3 is even going, they are always changing their marketing Campeign, they never stick to anything anymore... 

2.) There are plenty of Amazing Games out there for the PS3, people just don't know it... 

3.) Sony isn't even trying... It's like they just don't care... 

Honestly, to me, Halo & Jet Set Radio Future are X-Box's only Games worth Buying, eveything else can already be bought on a Playstation Product.... 

I think the real reason for Sony's Broken Console crap they are doing on Purpous, is the only possible reason I can think of is... 

That the PS3 is just a 1 huge BETA Test Run, for their Next PS4 Console... 

Now that they tested out all their Features, & stuff, they can now bring out the real PS3 Console, & just call it a PS4 to protect their butts from everyone thinking they scammed them outta money, just for an Experiement they pulled... oO 

Btw, someone mentioned, what do people just not have a Job? Who ever posted that is gotta be the dummest person around...... 

Seriously, the world is going into a Money Crisis right now, & your going to bring that up? 

No, people do not have a Job, & that is why Backwards Compatible should stay in the Gamming Market... 

I got a Job, but I know some people who are struggling to get one... 

But you see I only have a Job, because I got my Job before the Economy even struck... 

Other wise, I wouldn't have one either... 

If you got a Job, then thats great, but don't go around Questioning people about stupid questions, 

to answers you already know the answer to...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 21 of 34 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

True man your so right..

Its just i dont understand how PS3 Fanboys are so blinded by the truth most PS3 owners i know of call there PS3 a peice of crap.. REALLY cause they know its not a good console not what we all expected its just a broken stip down peice of dog crud!!

PS3 fanboys are just so obses with there PS3s they dont want to hear the truth i for one know that PS3 is busted its a dumb excuse of hardware, why add features you will later on remove? Like Linux freaks went nuts over the removal and sue sony for Other OS removal poor customer support is also something i called sony before and trust me there reading a script!! there told what to say and what not to say and they never do resolve any real issues.

They take poor responsibility on there features and the console a whole itself they release pointless updates that only fixes one thing but not the entire thing a software update should be like on Xbox look at how much the Xbox evolved from being the first 7 gen console to a complete evolution of using Voice, Gestures, Tablets and offering more ESPECIALLY Adding Features Sony does not do this they just remove them.

Sony did IMPROVE "What ever that means with Sony" The PS Store... first of its lame, its got bugs, its slow, nothing works right on it and WHY NOW? its already to late to continue to support the PS3 its time for 8 gen consoles now sony PS3 is already Effed!!! you should had improved it along time ago you only took things out of it and sued innosent people for simply modding there legally owned and purchased console.

And for the YLOD i dont think people should pay for that to be FIXED "PS3 FIXED REFURBED = Same broken thing" if you call Sony your not going to be happy when you know they aint helping you at all cause again there reading scripts they are told what to do and they of course being ignorant dumb hipocriticle employees are defending there job.. its not going to do nothing!!!

Honestly for YLOD sufferers out there please dont do self repairs you might end up breaking it its not your job to fix it its SONYS call em and bring up the Cunsomer Protection Act of 1988 this will protect you from paying a dime.

Honestly ITs all righten in stone clear as be and Fanboys Oh No!! they defend it unbeleivable!!

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 22 of 34 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

That's okay if you have loads of cash to waste. I myself don't so making it none BC is going to make me not want to buy it.

Message 23 of 34 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 14, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

True most of what you said is true but your missing the point its not just the failure rate its the system itself look at how stripped down the PS3 is man.

The very first ones were packed "Im not talking about the released ones im talking about the other PS3s that had alot of features on Hardware"

I beleive it had like 2 HDMI ports and a few other things those never saw the light of day they were stripped down to the:

1 HDMI

1 Ethernet / Cat9

Optical Audio

AV Port

These are all on every other PS3 so the ones sony introduced were taken down either to many features of Sony was to poor to manufacture such a thing.

The biggest thing is Feature loss and the way PS3 behaives

The PS3 lost a ton of features that of course would had been worth more money look at how the PS3 went from a fat monolith to a worthless peice of cheap plastic Sad.. i know.. NOT

Not just my PS3 but my friends PS3 freezes by time even doing simple as googling a website on the browser kills it instantly trust me my PS3 freezes randomly.

The new PS3 super slims range from $269 to $299 why did they raise the price instead of lowering it? Games are no excuse if the PS3 super slim was less than it would have saved sonys asss there was no need for super slims man all they had to do is do a price cut thats all but they just increased from the PS3 slim the one i have i read of online and it was $249.

Its worthless now and with the Wii U out no one is going to bother with PS3 its common sense a Wii U is a 8 gen console PS3 is 7 gen console its old the wii u is new... no one will bother getting a PS3 plus there more expensive that the older ones.

No my friend did not have a RROD on his 360 it was a DVD drive problem no games were able to be read

Sony did show a prototype PS3 system once that had 2 HDMI ports, that could drive 2 different HDMI displays at the same time. Sony show how they could use that with a Gran Turismo game. Perhaps the prototype PS3 spec was more powerful than the final version to be able to do that, but I don't see that the final spec would be able to do that very well. Even if the PS3 was able to drive 2 displays, I don't think too many people would take advantage of it, and up until recently HDMI displays were pretty expensive.

I also beleive the prototype PS3 had several ethernet ports on it (so it could act as a router), and more USB ports on the back.

What Sony stripped it down to, is perfectly fine. If you need any of those extra features, you can easily add them yourself. Leaving them in would have increased the cost of manufacturing it, and Sony was already taking a $250 hit on every PS3 it first sold as it is. In reality the only features stripped is PS2 BC and Other OS.

As far as the PS3 browser goes, it really isn't designed to be used more than occassionally. It isn't updated with the latest web protocals as often as the PC browsers, and has access to far less memory than a PC would. So it isn't surprising it would freeze.

The apparent price increase you see in the superslim is subjective. You went from a 160GB Slim at $250 and no game, to a 250GB superslim with a game for $270. You are getting 90GB extra and a game for that extra $20. The other 250GB Slim was sold for $300, and the 500GB Superslim with a game also sold for $300; so there is no price increase there.

Yes I do agree that Sony it costs less for Sony to make a superslim, and they kept the price the same. Apparently they did this to maximize their profits until the end of the fiscal year.

You think people will buy the WiiU over the PS3? Maybe in the short term because it is the newest thing, but I think that will change until Nintendo starts coming out with titles that really attracts people to buy it, like the Zelda prototype they showed off. They are selling new games like Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City for far more than you can buy them for the X360 and PS3.

As far as technology of the WiiU goes, Nintendo hasn't actually released any specs on it. Someone reverse engineered it and found it to be in many ways inferior to the X360 & PS3...

Message 24 of 34 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Dolphin your right in various points but the PS3 compared to Wii U IS the next gen console reguardless of power

PS3s are over priced and should be cheaper look at 360s there selling like wild fire my gamestop sold 5 xbox 360s in one day i went in there i asked what sells most the lady told me 360s and Wii Us she didnt mention PS3s as a seller more lack who ever would actually want 1 she did say people refunded them so thats good right?

Honestly im just repeating myself PS3 is crud end of story

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

Message 25 of 34 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jan 14, 2013
If its end of story stop posting
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 26 of 34 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I POST WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT!! BEYATCH

Message 27 of 34 (113 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 15, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Dolphin your right in various points but the PS3 compared to Wii U IS the next gen console reguardless of power

PS3s are over priced and should be cheaper look at 360s there selling like wild fire my gamestop sold 5 xbox 360s in one day i went in there i asked what sells most the lady told me 360s and Wii Us she didnt mention PS3s as a seller more lack who ever would actually want 1 she did say people refunded them so thats good right?

Honestly im just repeating myself PS3 is crud end of story

I don't know what you mean by that, but IMO the WiiU has meerly caught up to the PS3 & X360 not surpassed it.

Here is a link to a story that verified what I said: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/142002-wii-u-cpu-and-gpu-clock-speeds-revealed-not-the-end-of-the-...

I do agree that PS3s are selling for more than they should be at this point, it should be priced like the X360 at $200-$250. In this country the X360 has sold more than the PS3, but worldwide the PS3 has sold more. You just base you assessments on the performance at one GameStop...

Message 28 of 34 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote: it would be nice if ps4 is bc. A all in one system would be nice, no messy wires from multi systems. I already have 2 dead ps3. I dont think my current ps3 will last much longer, so if ps4 can play ps3 games, i have no worries. Right now, after seeing 2 dead ps3, i think its just time, till this one dies too. Im expecting the ps4 to last at least 5 years, not 1-3 years like ps3.

lol i have a ps3 since 2008  and there were no problems with it... just a minor problem that was caused by my brother, he turned off system often at ON and OFF button so there was a some kind of error but i just restored my PS3 to default... 

"My dear Mr. Mandus, I admire your vision; I truly do. But there are surely not enough pigs in the whole of London to feed the appetite of such a machine.”
“That all rather depends, Professor, on what one considers to be a pig.”
Message 29 of 34 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55423 posts

Jan 15, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

wrooooong. most people will probably sell their ps3 to help them afford the ps4..

Yea... because selling a PS3 is going to get them only $150.

the used console market is not as strong as everyone leads others to believe. And it only gets worse when people actually try to sell their current consoles in preparation for the next generation.

The more used consoles that are being sold, the LESS value they will be worth. And if you havent seen the current used prices of PS3's.... $150 is the average selling price....

with rumor mills hinting at a $400-500 price tag... selling a PS3 isn't going to make a dent.

actually lets say it was only $100 you get for your used PS3, that is 20% of the total cost of a $500.00 system, not too shabby of a dent if you ask me Smiley Wink.

I support having backwards compatabilty on the PS4, I'm not going to keep 2 systems and sony has always given it to me in the past (PS2 and PS3) so I expect it in the first gen of the new consoles.  If they don't do it I'll just wait to buy or maybe not buy at all.

Message 30 of 34 (85 Views)