Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Re: Please make the PS4 backwards compatable.

Jan 13, 2013

You are dead wrong about bc with a lot of people captain. I am playing legend of dragoon on my vita now. More than half way through it. I have played more psp games on it than psv games. Two psv games virses four psp games. Have downloaded three other ps1 games to replay also. On the psp I would alternate ps1 games with psp games. Replayed more than six or seven ps1 games on it. At lest four rpg games with over 140 hours in each. On my ps3 I was alternating a ps3 game and ps2 game one after the other untill they screwed me out of the ps3 that I bought when it was replaced under warrenty with a lesser one that was not bc. For a lot of us it is why we stuck with playstation so long. That was there edge over everyone else. Like I said before, gaming has changed and so has sony. There becoming no better that " everybode else ". I remember in the ps1, ps2, and start of the ps3 days when us gamers would brag about how sony was the best and bc was one of the reasons. Seems like there is less braging rights than there use to be. I am not trying to be smart or downing sony. Things are what they are. Just looking at the years gone by up to now. And wondering if gaming will servive the changes.

Message 11 of 34 (114 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Ever hear of "the exception to the rule"? Probably not. And there's less "bragging" because nobody, except those such as yourself refuse to let it go, cares anymore. I know you're thinking "well I use it, that must mean EVERYBODY uses it to". Well I had an 80gig backward compatible system. I used it exactly TWICE. Once to see if it worked, and again to see if Sniper Elite worked. It's been SIX YEARS since they removed backward compatibility. Let it go.

Listen brother, video games are not this alturistic medium where everyone exists for the "betterment of the community", and they don't expect to be paid because they love what they do. It's a BUSINESS. You need to accept that. People used to believe the same thing about Major League Baseball right up until in 1994 when the season was cancelled. It's a BUSINESS.And again, Microsoft ceased their backward compatibility program in November 2007.

Furthermore, as for your claims that you're going to give up video games, you won't and here's why; because nothing else gives you the same instant gratification. Push a button, something happens. Push another button, something else happens. It's immediate, and it's your "drug of choice". You won't give it up.

People used to use the argument of "there's no good games" to justify keeping backward comaptibility back in 2007. In 2013 with games like Splinter Cell Blacklist, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us on the way, it doesn't hold water anymore. Are there games I enjoyed? Sure, but I'm not sitting here pining for Psi-Ops, Conflict: Desert Storm, or Robotech Generations. Time doesn't sit still, and you can't be angry that it won't. 

Message 12 of 34 (110 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: Please make the PS4 backwards compliable.

Jan 13, 2013

I due like to have my games backwards compliable. In fact I'm sill playing my exiting Windows XP DVD-ROM games on Windows 7 most without using XP Mode.  I due understand removing PS1 disk game support form the PS3 but not removing PS2 disk game support form the PS3.  I do hope PS4 will support PS3 disk games.

Message 13 of 34 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Hi captain. I am glad you know me so well. Which you do not and never will. And mabe you say no one cares because you do not and think everyone should think like you which they do not. That is proven by the number of people that do want bc that post constently on here. You are right about one think that it is a business now. But you are wrong about the fact that it use to be more than just a business.They use to at lest lissen to people. I sure from the sound of it you are no old enough to have been there to know. And as far as your arrogant statement of you will not do it. I have had three hobbys in live. One for twelve years that I could have gone on the road with and quit. A second I  have taught classes for collage and give up. and now gaming which would be the easiest of the three to stop. But sence you know it all you are right and everyone but you are wrong. OK go ahead. Now it is your turn to be obnoxious. And by the way. Have a nice night.

Message 14 of 34 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Oh come one man this is only possible in your dreams  i still biitch about lack of PS2 Backwards Compatibility and other PS3 feature losses only Fanboys dont care i guarantee you that what ever features that new PS4 will have will be reduced all the way down just like the PS3 really sony is just empty promises.

And no it wont have it I PROMISE YOU

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Message 15 of 34 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39516 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Oh come one man this is only possible in your dreams  i still biitch about lack of PS2 Backwards Compatibility and other PS3 feature losses only Fanboys dont care i guarantee you that what ever features that new PS4 will have will be reduced all the way down just like the PS3 really sony is just empty promises.

And no it wont have it I PROMISE YOU

I hate to say this but to be honest over the last few days, maybe week or so it's struck me that all you appear to have done in virtually all of your so far 44 posts is ***** about everything, are you actually happy with anything about Sony, the PS3 or PSN or are you just here to errr, well *****, if so don't bother, it's getting rather boring now.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 16 of 34 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Dude cause its true i for one dont get how you guys still love PS3 its broken man Sony cant do nothing right at all like they should had improved there security before they got hacked my brothers PS3 got YLOD we called sony the dimwits say that he has to pay for a repair "First of a YLOD is not the consumers fault he was out of warranty but i had other companys that are straight and not gayy to the consumer who will actually bend the rules and provide better service Microsoft has done this with my friends Xbox it was out of warranty it had problems they offered a free repair and gave him 1 month of live" PS3 fanboys go of to say 360 has RROD and dies alot and at least they acually DID something to improve the thing look at the old to the new 360 and look at all the failures Sonys been through YEAH a super slim is totalled its pure paper weight Cheap as trash worthless overpriced peice of garbage man THATS what it is. I still have my PS3 slim its the only one i own and i would prefer that one cause it seems fine in design and i like the blu ray drive but the super slim has some top thing i cant really make up but its cheap have you seen the earlier PS3s those things had ALOT of features the ones they released had some and had more and some had less then they made em less bulky to the point of the slim and now to a super slim that has almost nothing for your hard earned money my slim was a gift from my mother "NEW" and since day one putting in a game to install it froze *EXPSOED* DAY 1. It still acts up by time and i asure you i take good care of my electronics. What happen to all the advertised features look all of em up and tell me how many there are and were still charged insane for a PS3 thats completely gutted. When me and my brother called sony for his system to get PROFESSIONAL HELP the idiots said the system has the lowest failure rate.. WII HAS THE LOWEST FAILURE RATE!!!! Not PS3 Not 360 Wii. Maybe Sony should also stop wasting money on those stupid Tester shows that no one gives a crud about why does any one want to see lifeless goons try to get a job at sony he no wonder they cant make anything right by hiring those lifeless imbasells.

Its trash man your a fanboy obviously thats why you defend it

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

Message 17 of 34 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Jan 14, 2013

it would be nice if ps4 is bc. A all in one system would be nice, no messy wires from multi systems. I already have 2 dead ps3. I dont think my current ps3 will last much longer, so if ps4 can play ps3 games, i have no worries. Right now, after seeing 2 dead ps3, i think its just time, till this one dies too. Im expecting the ps4 to last at least 5 years, not 1-3 years like ps3.

Message 18 of 34 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 14, 2013

HomeStuck_ wrote:

Dude cause its true i for one dont get how you guys still love PS3 its broken man Sony cant do nothing right at all like they should had improved there security before they got hacked my brothers PS3 got YLOD we called sony the dimwits say that he has to pay for a repair "First of a YLOD is not the consumers fault he was out of warranty but i had other companys that are straight and not gayy to the consumer who will actually bend the rules and provide better service Microsoft has done this with my friends Xbox it was out of warranty it had problems they offered a free repair and gave him 1 month of live" PS3 fanboys go of to say 360 has RROD and dies alot and at least they acually DID something to improve the thing look at the old to the new 360 and look at all the failures Sonys been through YEAH a super slim is totalled its pure paper weight Cheap as trash worthless overpriced peice of garbage man THATS what it is. I still have my PS3 slim its the only one i own and i would prefer that one cause it seems fine in design and i like the blu ray drive but the super slim has some top thing i cant really make up but its cheap have you seen the earlier PS3s those things had ALOT of features the ones they released had some and had more and some had less then they made em less bulky to the point of the slim and now to a super slim that has almost nothing for your hard earned money my slim was a gift from my mother "NEW" and since day one putting in a game to install it froze *EXPSOED* DAY 1. It still acts up by time and i asure you i take good care of my electronics. What happen to all the advertised features look all of em up and tell me how many there are and were still charged insane for a PS3 thats completely gutted. When me and my brother called sony for his system to get PROFESSIONAL HELP the idiots said the system has the lowest failure rate.. WII HAS THE LOWEST FAILURE RATE!!!! Not PS3 Not 360 Wii. Maybe Sony should also stop wasting money on those stupid Tester shows that no one gives a crud about why does any one want to see lifeless goons try to get a job at sony he no wonder they cant make anything right by hiring those lifeless imbasells.

Its trash man your a fanboy obviously thats why you defend it

When the X360 first came out it did have the worst failure rate, it was estimated to be between 20%-30%. Microsoft eventually had to give everyone a several year extension on the warranty of RROD failures, which is probably why your friend got a "free repair".

When the PS3 first came out its failure rate was very low, very few failed during the warranty period, especially when compaired to the X360. That is the key difference, many early X360 systems failed during the warranty period and PS3s didn't.

YLOD issues have been found to happen 2-4 years after use, most likely due to brittle lead free solder Sony was forced to use because of environmental regulations. There probably wasn't any way for Sony to predict this problem ahead of time. YLOD issues was also brought about by the high heat generated by the PS3, which is less of an issue now since current PS3s run much cooler now.

While it would be nice for Sony to fix YLOD issues for free, they certainly aren't obligated to do so, since they were only responsible for it running without a problem for the first year...

Message 19 of 34 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jan 14, 2013

True most of what you said is true but your missing the point its not just the failure rate its the system itself look at how stripped down the PS3 is man.

The very first ones were packed "Im not talking about the released ones im talking about the other PS3s that had alot of features on Hardware"

I beleive it had like 2 HDMI ports and a few other things those never saw the light of day they were stripped down to the:

1 HDMI

1 Ethernet / Cat9

Optical Audio

AV Port

These are all on every other PS3 so the ones sony introduced were taken down either to many features of Sony was to poor to manufacture such a thing.

The biggest thing is Feature loss and the way PS3 behaives

The PS3 lost a ton of features that of course would had been worth more money look at how the PS3 went from a fat monolith to a worthless peice of cheap plastic Sad.. i know.. NOT

Not just my PS3 but my friends PS3 freezes by time even doing simple as googling a website on the browser kills it instantly trust me my PS3 freezes randomly.

The new PS3 super slims range from $269 to $299 why did they raise the price instead of lowering it? Games are no excuse if the PS3 super slim was less than it would have saved sonys asss there was no need for super slims man all they had to do is do a price cut thats all but they just increased from the PS3 slim the one i have i read of online and it was $249.

Its worthless now and with the Wii U out no one is going to bother with PS3 its common sense a Wii U is a 8 gen console PS3 is 7 gen console its old the wii u is new... no one will bother getting a PS3 plus there more expensive that the older ones.

No my friend did not have a RROD on his 360 it was a DVD drive problem no games were able to be read

Message 20 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes