Oct 24 2012
By: Ratachee First Son 3 posts

Please help!

4 replies 53 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Ok so this is how this went down...

Last night im playing Space Marines online, doing alright, then my PS3 freezes, irritated I get up to reset. I turn it back on, it freezes right at the part where you choose which account to log into, so I reset again. Next time I get in, log into PSN, and see the 4.3 update is out, and figure this is why my ps3 froze mid game earlier. So since I have to, I start the download. The download screen comes up, and the top of the screen gets all weird, and I see it has frozen again. So I turn it off. I go to turn it back on, and nothing comes up, the green light comes on, but nothing on the screen.

Whats my issue? Can anyone shed some light on whats going on here?

Message 1 of 5 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Re: Please help!

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

Uh, when the console says "Do not power off your system" you should not power off your system. What you just did is damage your PS3 system as you pulled the power during an update. I sometimes get pauses for a minute or so, but it always completes.

Try accessing the recovery mode and perform a System Restore. Refer to the link below for instructions.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/How-to-access-the-PlayStation-3-Recovery-Menu/t...

Message 2 of 5 (50 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Go into safe mode, and perform the update from there using the USB/PC method

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 5 (46 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I know what you mean about the pauses, but this was not a pause. The entire top half of the screen was distorted, I dont know how to describe it. Kinda like with an old Gameboy, when you dropped it, the screen got all weird.

Ill check out that recovery mode thing

Message 4 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Ok, I just tried twice, did it right (double beep) and still nothing comes up on my screen. Is this an indicator im screwed?

Message 5 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes