Feb 17 2010
By: TheIncredibleJF First Son 4 posts

Please help what can I do with my ps3 ? the USB ports don't work !

12 replies 1750 views Edited Feb 17, 2010
THE USB PORTS DONTDON'T WORK  EVERY SINGLE ONE ARE BENT INSIDE THEREFORE MY CONTROLLER WONTWON'T SYNC !!!! WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY PS3 EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT THAT , IT DISPLAYS ON TV AND STUFF BUT I CANTCAN'T SYNC THE CONTROLLER DUE TO THAT     ANY SUGGESTIONS ????!
Message 1 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Please help what can I do with my ps3 ? the USB ports don't work !

Feb 17, 2010
get it fixed?
Message 2 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Hypokid wrote:
get it fixed?

hmm the simplest solution known to man, if you want a more complex answer, then.... go to mars, ask for this guy named Jak Bob, tell him to minipulize your ps3, and then to shoot it off in a capsule from mars into your living room. and if it breaks again just rub it against a squirrel

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 3 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 17, 2010
find someone to replace the ports for you...you will need someone with a decent amount of soldering skills probably. and a replacement port from another PS3
Message 4 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Feb 17, 2010

well i have two ps3's i tried doing it myself and it takes to much time to desolder and i ended up screwing on of the set of the usb ports on the motherboard that doesnt work, i still havnt toched the ps3 that has the bad usb ports every single one of the usb ports has a broken pin so there fore i cant unbend them. who could i take it to ? where can i look ? 

Message 5 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Man dude, tht sucks to be you...

Well you should of never mistreated your ps3 in the first place, like: yanking ur USB cords out forcibly, throwing your ps3 against the wall, kicking at it cus ur gf broke up w/u, letting little brats get to it, and trying to put the USB cord in the misconstrued way.

BAKA!

Message 6 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 17, 2010

maybe your local video game store like play n trade or something.  but since you have already tried to remove the ports from the other board. I assume you have some sort of soldering experience. If thats the case i don't see why you couldn't get a female usb extention cord hack the cord up and just solder the hacked wires to the main pins under the port.

at that point you would just need to match pins...just google usb pinout or use a multimeter.  or course it'd look funny but itll work.

Message 7 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Feb 17, 2010
lol na dude (bose-34) funny stuff no my brother i have no idea how he broke them one by one he messed it up, and no i have no soldering experience i just thought it was easy but they are too small im thinking my equipment wasnt good enough ( hot enough to desolder right away) as soon as i take the heating thing of the solder joints it would dry up again
Message 8 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 17, 2010
lol na dude (bose-34) funny stuff no my brother i have no idea how he broke them one by one he messed it up, and no i have no soldering experience i just thought it was easy but they are too small im thinking my equipment wasnt good enough ( hot enough to desolder right away) as soon as i take the heating thing of the solder joints it would dry up again
Message 9 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 17, 2010

in order to desolder...you will need either

1) Solder Wick(Solder Braid) or a Solder Sucker

if you have a soldering gun... then you can solder sorta.  You just clean the place you going to solder with iso. alchol(90%) and heat up till it looks "wet" then place the corressponding wire to it. you can watch videos here : http://tangentsoft.net/elec/movies/

desoldering is harder because depending on how old the solder is will take some work. but the method would be to add new solder and mix with old then use solder wick to absorb the solder. repeat till done.

Message 10 of 13 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes