Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Please allow PS+ Users to buy games they already got free with PS+

Mar 7, 2014

This feature has been asked for a long time know. I hope they will add this too.

But just to point out, 3 months of Plus is $18. One game is about $20 (not including Indies). So wouldn't it be better to just renew Plus, and continue to get more great games? Just curious.

Message 11 of 22 (91 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

This feature has been asked for a long time know. I hope they will add this too.

But just to point out, 3 months of Plus is $18. One game is about $20 (not including Indies). So wouldn't it be better to just renew Plus, and continue to get more great games? Just curious.

I see where you are coming from, but I don't know where Sony will be in 20 years. I have no problems playing classics from NES to my PS2 and I would like that security as well. 
Message 12 of 22 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3415 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Seems like it would be more effective just to renew Ps+, especially if you have Ps4. 

But I can see where you might just want to purchase it, so that way you can play even if the sub runs out.

guitar guru 2012
Message 13 of 22 (85 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

renejr818 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I see where you are coming from, but I don't know where Sony will be in 20 years. I have no problems playing classics from NES to my PS2 and I would like that security as well. 

I understand what you mean. But as time goes my, games will be cheaper. You can simply save money by renewing Plus and get a cheaper physical copy at another time, elsewhere.. This is just a suggestion.

Message 14 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 7, 2014

formervillain wrote:
I personally don't see why Sony would ever enable this. First of all, getting free games should be incentive enough for keeping your PS+ account. Secondly, why would Sony want to make this available for sale to you WHILE you are getting it for free. There is no benefit here to Sony, because they would much rather just keep you as + member than sell you a game at a discount. The service is cheap, and it pays for itself several times over. If you are really stressing over it, though, the odds are that you'll be able to get the game at a lower price in the future regardless. There is a reason the benefits of these sales are tied to a + account.

That's true, but that's a little swindly. I mean, like, eradication of used games makes sense. Disabling somebody to pay you money to get a game for real instead of having it tied to plus? Yeah, that's really, really swindly.

Message 15 of 22 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 7, 2014

formervillain wrote:
@Winscar_Shinobi

At what point does this make business sense for Sony? In their eyes, you should be punished for letting your account run out. That is exactly WHY they have their stipulations in the first place. If they were worried about what happens to you when your account runs out, they would allow you to keep the IGC games forever regardless of + or not.

This makes no sense. It's a flip of a switch or a couple lines of code in a Sony system, and is only to allow someone to do the exact same thing they were able to do in the first place. Personally, I agree with the eradication of used games, for example, but I don't agree with this. I get a game via IGC, but I really really like it and want to secure my rights to it when PS Plus no longer exists for my console in question.

Why should you be punished for using the features of your subscription and then doing exactly what it's biggest feature is, garnering your interest in the series? Now all of a sudden I can't buy it to play? Kind of swindly....

Of course, none of this matters anymore, really. Home PS+ accounts means if you want the game for keeps, you make a second account, master it to the same PS4, and buy the game on that. Since your original master account gives you PS+ benefits due to master acc sharing, you should be able to get the sale on the dummy account.

Message 16 of 22 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 8, 2014
@Cosmosis_1080P I guess you don't understand how PS+ works. There is nothing preventing you from buying a game once you have lost your subscription. The problem is, the request here was to be bake to purchase the game at the sale price while already having the game available for free thanks to your subscription. Rest easy knowing that Sony will never enable this, since it makes no sense for them to do so whatsoever. It's not "swindly" at all, as the terms are stated in simple English right there when you sign up.
Message 17 of 22 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 8, 2014
Funny how so many keep coming to the conclusion that just renewing their account is the better option. PlayStation+ is the best value in console gaming, and complaints like these that make no sense are just ridiculous. So let's see, this week on the forums we have had people complaining that there isn't enough free content on PS+, and now we have someone complaining that they aren't able to PURCHASE content that is being given to them for free. Hilarious.
Message 18 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Agreed. I don't see a reason why not. They could just add an extra notification message to notify that you already get the games free on Plus.

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 19 of 22 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

Mar 8, 2014
OP means since PS+ is a subscription and ends anyway, he wants a permanent download and sometimes it goes on sale and he can't download it, which is sorta an advantage for non-ps+ users.
Message 20 of 22 (51 Views)
0 Likes