Mar 07 2014
By: GhostX1984 Monster Hunter 34 posts

Please allow PS+ Users to buy games they already got free with PS+

21 replies 292 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

Currently if you already own a game that you got for free via ps+ then you are unable to buy it when it later goes on sale.

Can you please create an option to buy games that are in your PS Plus catalogue for keeps.

For example, most recently I wanted to buy Hotline Miami when it went on sale, but I could not because I had already gotten it for free via ps plus. This is a game I would like to keep beyond whenever my PS Plus subscription lapses.

Message 1 of 22 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
430 posts

Re: Please allow PS+ Users to buy games they already got free with PS+

Mar 7, 2014

I want this too.

Message 2 of 22 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 7, 2014
Don't see why you would need to do this with plus being so cheap but have you tried to delete the free version first? I know on Xbox, if you want to buy a game and it's already installed from disc, it won't let you purchase the digital version until you uninstall. Maybe Playstation works similar?
Message 3 of 22 (276 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 7, 2014
I personally don't see why Sony would ever enable this. First of all, getting free games should be incentive enough for keeping your PS+ account. Secondly, why would Sony want to make this available for sale to you WHILE you are getting it for free. There is no benefit here to Sony, because they would much rather just keep you as + member than sell you a game at a discount. The service is cheap, and it pays for itself several times over. If you are really stressing over it, though, the odds are that you'll be able to get the game at a lower price in the future regardless. There is a reason the benefits of these sales are tied to a + account.
Message 4 of 22 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3071 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Don't see why you would need to do this with plus being so cheap but have you tried to delete the free version first? I know on Xbox, if you want to buy a game and it's already installed from disc, it won't let you purchase the digital version until you uninstall. Maybe Playstation works similar?

Some people like to support good games/developers. Perhaps, for whatever reason, people don't want to continue their subscription to PS+.

I agree that they should allow the option.

I thought it was possible beforehand, but I guess not. Maybe I was thinking of the drop-down box that would show the original price and the PS+ Free/Sale-price.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 5 of 22 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Mar 7, 2014
I agree with this. Plus on vita and ps3 isnt necessary so it shouldnt be expectes that they keep plus forever however when you have plus you cant purchase a game making use of sales.

In a way its punishing you for letting your plus run out. I mean id never not have plus as long as its going as good as it is and is required for ps4 but there are a lot who dont want plus so I can understand
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 6 of 22 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 7, 2014
You are supporting the developers by being a PlayStation+ member. They don't just lose out on all of their sales when Sony makes a game available for free. That's why they are picky about which games they offer for free or at a discount. The devs are supported with every single download. Their audience grows exponentially when the software is released for free, which means more word of mouth and more sales for a longer period of time. If you are really worried about them getting your $10, just mail it to them as a donation. Sony will NEVER make this a feature, as it is asinine.

@TheLastNinja-
Message 7 of 22 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 7, 2014
@Winscar_Shinobi

At what point does this make business sense for Sony? In their eyes, you should be punished for letting your account run out. That is exactly WHY they have their stipulations in the first place. If they were worried about what happens to you when your account runs out, they would allow you to keep the IGC games forever regardless of + or not.
Message 8 of 22 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Mar 7, 2014
@TheLastNinja-

The developers are already being supported though. Since Sony doesn't own the rights to most of these games, they are certainly paying for them to be in the instant game collection. Further more, it promotes the sale of DLC and future installments from people who would have never bought otherwise.
Message 9 of 22 (224 Views)
Fender Bender
3071 posts

Mar 7, 2014

I already know that devs/pubs receive some compensation for allowing their games to be a part of the IGC. [Which I do not consider free, by the way.]

I don't see why the option would be a bad thing, nor why it is "asinine."

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 10 of 22 (213 Views)
0 Likes