Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Please allow PS+ Users to buy games they already got free with PS+

Mar 8, 2014

formervillain wrote:
@Cosmosis_1080P I guess you don't understand how PS+ works. There is nothing preventing you from buying a game once you have lost your subscription. The problem is, the request here was to be bake to purchase the game at the sale price while already having the game available for free thanks to your subscription. Rest easy knowing that Sony will never enable this, since it makes no sense for them to do so whatsoever. It's not "swindly" at all, as the terms are stated in simple English right there when you sign up.

I know what you're talking about. My contesting is, we pay for PS+ Meaning we also pay for discounts on content offered with a permanent liscense not tied for PS+. It's also an advertised feature. That means that, we should be entitled to those sales as well; either should be an option to us.

However, on PS4, I did state a clear workaround (a second account after deleting your game off the system w/ master enabled) which will work unless PS Plus download lists are pushed by default on the new account. Sure, I doubt they'll add it too because I can understand what you're saying, but just because of one situation (somebody not renewing?) doesn't mean we all should suffer.

I mean, let's put it this way, if they did something like enable this option for all PS+ members who have more than a year left on their PS+ Subscription, I'd buy 2 1 Year PS+ Subscriptions and roll with the option to keep any game I liked enough to be concerned with keeping it forever. I can understand where the person who asked is coming from.

...Although if he just waited slightly longer he could probably pick it up on ebay for the same price as the PSN sales or slightly more...

Message 21 of 22 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: Please allow PS+ Users to buy games they already got free with PS+

Mar 8, 2014

Cosmosis_1080P wrote:

formervillain wrote:
@Cosmosis_1080P I guess you don't understand how PS+ works. There is nothing preventing you from buying a game once you have lost your subscription. The problem is, the request here was to be bake to purchase the game at the sale price while already having the game available for free thanks to your subscription. Rest easy knowing that Sony will never enable this, since it makes no sense for them to do so whatsoever. It's not "swindly" at all, as the terms are stated in simple English right there when you sign up.

I know what you're talking about. My contesting is, we pay for PS+ Meaning we also pay for discounts on content offered with a permanent liscense not tied for PS+. It's also an advertised feature. That means that, we should be entitled to those sales as well; either should be an option to us.

However, on PS4, I did state a clear workaround (a second account after deleting your game off the system w/ master enabled) which will work unless PS Plus download lists are pushed by default on the new account. Sure, I doubt they'll add it too because I can understand what you're saying, but just because of one situation (somebody not renewing?) doesn't mean we all should suffer.

I mean, let's put it this way, if they did something like enable this option for all PS+ members who have more than a year left on their PS+ Subscription, I'd buy 2 1 Year PS+ Subscriptions and roll with the option to keep any game I liked enough to be concerned with keeping it forever. I can understand where the person who asked is coming from.

...Although if he just waited slightly longer he could probably pick it up on ebay for the same price as the PSN sales or slightly more...

Yes we should have to suffer. Plus is a subscription based program. While in this subscription you are entitled to this and that free and discount. Items  When your subscription runs out. Why should you be entitled to these you are no longer paying for them or the service that came with them. That's like subscribing to sports illustrated for a year and expect free magazines after your year runs out cause you think they owe you for buying a year. Its not going to happen.

Message 22 of 22 (110 Views)
0 Likes