Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name (1 Supporter) :) ***

May 22, 2009
You're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. And I made perfect sense. Learn basic English.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
Message 550 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Sackboy
471 posts

May 22, 2009

Vastet wrote:
You're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. And I made perfect sense. Learn basic English.

Um..we're talking about Sony implementing a way to change usernames and you are going on about MS's deep pockets.

Message 551 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

May 22, 2009
No, I'm responding to the suggestion that because MS does it, so should Sony. Well I happen to disagree. I don't want to start paying to play online just for confusion causing options like changing your name. Maybe you should have come up with a good one the first time around.
Message 552 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Sackboy
471 posts

May 22, 2009

Vastet wrote:
No, I'm responding to the suggestion that because MS does it, so should Sony. Well I happen to disagree. I don't want to start paying to play online just for confusion causing options like changing your name. Maybe you should have come up with a good one the first time around.

Just because Sony allows users to change thier name doesnt mean they have to go to a Pay to play online system.  Most people are saying Sony just charge a flat fee whenever someone changes thier name so that it doesnt get out of hand.  It has nothing to do with Sony charging people to play online or MS's deep pockets.  They already offer name changes for free in Japan so it's not like it's hard for sony to implement this and they dont have to hire another "team" or anything to implement it and they would not lose money on this like you are stating.

Message 553 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

May 22, 2009
It doesn't mean they have to, no, but it does cost them moey, which makes them consider it, and lowers the quality of everything else they are doing in the process. It's the dumbest suggestion I have yet to see.
Message 554 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Sackboy
471 posts

May 22, 2009

Vastet wrote:
It doesn't mean they have to, no, but it does cost them moey, which makes them consider it, and lowers the quality of everything else they are doing in the process. It's the dumbest suggestion I have yet to see.

Right...because if sony implements the ability to change usernames then we wont get as many PSone games on the marketplace or God of War 3 will get delayed another year...right?  You do know they have teams devoted to this kind of stuff?

Sure it may cost a little extra time to implement this which costs money seeing as time=money, but the potential for profit is pretty substantial if it's implemented with a fee for everytime you change your name.

Message 555 of 2,873 (21 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name (42 Supporters) :) ***

May 23, 2009

Signed and kudoed. I'd love to change my name...  You have my full support, OP.  = )

Message 556 of 2,873 (21 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2009
i really think sony should let us change r names cuz u can do on xbox live but dey gotta pay but if its free on ps3 Sony could possibly get more bussiness.
Message 557 of 2,873 (21 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

May 23, 2009
Please do, I was stumped when i made my account and now im stuck with the worst ID but i dont feel like loosing all my progress and purchases to make a new one
Message 558 of 2,873 (21 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

May 23, 2009
Make a fee like XBox to prevent some of the cons
Message 559 of 2,873 (21 Views)