Treasure Hunter
6114 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

Jul 8, 2013
Game Genie is new? D**N! Was it all a dream????
~Reported~
Message 61 of 88 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Game Genie is new? D**N! Was it all a dream????

Technically speaking, this Game Genie is new. The original Game Genie (early/mid-90s - NES, GEN, SNES, GB, GG), was made by Galoob Toys, which was put out of business in large part due to a long legal battle with Nintendo (which Nintendo won, iirc).

The device was succeeded by the Game Shark (formerly InterAct, now Mad Catz), the Code Breaker (formerly Fire International, later Pelican), the Pro Action Replay (formerly Datel, now Mad Catz), and now the current Game Genie, which is made by a company called Hyperkin, and, save for the name, shares nothing in common with its namesake.

ETA: Forgot about the Xploder, derp.

Yes, I am a Homestuck. DEAL WITH IT.
Message 62 of 88 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10654 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I'm pretty sure Sony already plans to ban those who is caught using the devices... Well that's what I would do if I were them
>

Message 63 of 88 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7774 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Teus wrote:
I'm pretty sure Sony already plans to ban those who is caught using the devices... Well that's what I would do if I were them

They are banning people for using the Game Genie on GT5 now.

Message 64 of 88 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

This thread is absolutely pathetic. Misinformation everywhere, and plenty of idiots.

If people want to cheat, let them. Hyperkin has sworn to keep multiplayer cheats away from their PS3 Game Genie so as to avoid ruining other peoples' games. However, if someone wants to cheat in their own, single-player game, why is that a problem? Do you REALLY care about trophies so much that you'd have a childish argument about who earns them legitimately and who doesn't? THAT is pathetic. I personally earn them the hard way, but if other people want to cheat to get them, let them.

I actually have a PS3 Game Genie, and I think it's a good tool. It's handy for fixing bugs in games like Borderlands 1 and 2. I've just encountered a game-breaking glitch in Borderlands 2, and without my PS3 Game Genie, I'd have to rely on Gearbox to put out a patch, which could take weeks. Plus, if I feel like making my character a bit stronger, or strengthening a secondary character so I don't have to play the game for hundreds more hours, I can. But I'm not affecting anyone else's game, am I?

At the end of the day, I think the PS3 Game Genie is perfectly fine. Worry about the REAL cheaters, like the morons I encountered on Modern Warfare 2 a while back who ruined my multiplayer profile (which, again, is possible to fix with the help of my Game Genie, although it's generally not as straight-forward as with Borderlands - you most likely need to use a hex editor). 

So long as no one else is ruining my game but me, and so long as no one is hacking up their PS3s (and their are people who are still doing it, even pirating games, for some reason) to influence other people, I'm happy, and all of you should be too.

Message 65 of 88 (525 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Accidental double-post. Sorry. Stupid internet connection...

Message 66 of 88 (522 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 12, 2013
There is barely anything sony can do, and no, i dont support your proposal. I like using game cheats because i can add more replay value. For example, an RPG, i dont enjoy playing the same story a million times. With cheats, i can change things up.

Its also fun with GTA games.

I dont support people using them online though.
Message 67 of 88 (512 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I have game genie and i was told before i bought by game genie that they dont not allow online cheats because in there own words it would not be fair to other gamers for another to cheat online and that there software is made in such a way that you cant cheat online games its only cheats for single player modes and offline modes you have nothing to worry about the online play is safe and its money well spent if you buy it because i was stuck on the game The Last Of Us and Game Genie Gave Me Max Items On Everything In The Game Smiley Very Happy

Message 68 of 88 (454 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I always wondered what joy is there in cheating? I mean really? You get all the satisfaction in actually taking the time to work for it and beating the game. If I cheated, I would feel cheated of a great gaming experience, and would feel like I didn't get my moneys worth of the game. Where is the fun in cheating?

Message 69 of 88 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Aug 8, 2013
Sometimes people like to get all weapons etc for their second or third play through. Just go through the game OP and demolish everything. Nothing wrong with this on a single player game. There is absolutely no reason why this should be banned for single player. If trophies are so important, then Sony should simply disable trophies for any save file that has been modified. That way, people who don't care about trophies one bit can enjoy the game that they paid for the way they want to.
Message 70 of 88 (425 Views)
0 Likes